Quote Originally Posted by katemoir View Post
What I mean is that we are not adding the new web features of Web Designer 6 to the next version of Xtreme, only Xtreme Pro. There are already drawing and photo features in Pro that aren't in Xtreme, and for web features it will be the same. For many people Xtreme does everything they need for print and the web, and we hope it will remain this way - but ultimately Pro is the top of the range and it has everything. So if you want the new web features of Web Designer 6 you could upgrade to Pro (and we often do upgrade deals, I'm sure we will continue to do so) or buy Web Designer 6.
Help me if I fail to understand. I bought Xara Xtreme 5 after Xara Web Designer 6 was released, and I made a decision not to buy WD6 but XX5 based on the written representation of the company under the features section of WW5
"Xara Xtreme 5 now includes all the web features recently introduced in Xara Web Designer, making Xtreme a first class web authoring tool"
http://www.xara.com/us/products/xtreme/upgrade/

I assumed that there was no need to buy WD6 since according to the company the required features recently introduced in WD were already there in XX5. But, what I find in this thread tells a different story. So have I been victim to willful misrepresentation?

I am satisfied with XX5 but did not buy pro because after going through the detailed comparison chart at http://www.xara.com/us/products/xtreme/advanced/ I could not find anything where Pro was better than the standard version as far as my web designing needs were concerned. Am I wrong somewhere, and the comparison chart provided by the company does not tell the entire story?

I downloaded the trial version of webdesigner 6, and except the UI looks, I could not really find much difference or anything that couldn't be done by XX5, so what am I missing?

Before anybody jumps to conclusions I would like to state that I am a long and satisfied user of Magix products including moviedit, and musicmaker, and I never found them misrepresenting things. So, this particular case has got me worried.

If I am truly missing something then I will buy WD6 on top of XX5 though then I would have reason to ask why I was misled.