Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Xara Xtreme 6

Default Re: Xara Xtreme 6

its been a while since anyone mentioned the flood fill tool 'a la inkscape' so I will

ok you can fill unclosed shapes with it up to a point but this is oft times tricky get right

more importantly,for me:

you can fill areas that are bounded by shapes where those shapes are separate shapes - furthermore, these do not have to be grouped or even be on the same layer, as long as they are all selected [may need to change program default setting for this], and the active layer is one of these, the fill is made on said active layer
    brilliant - yoiu get line art and coloring on their own layers from the word go

its the same with the brushes - inkscape calligraphy tool is ace for cartooning

so... thank you to xara for the enhanced pdf import and the svg export [though this latter could be improved somewhat maybe?] that enable these programs to interact so well

this is a modular way of working if you wish to look at it that way

So I am not going to ask again for this to be added to xtreme - it is now so easy to port the calligraphy tool lines and color shapes back into xtreme, it hardly seems worth me loosing any sleep over it [and in simple cases of course it all gets done in inkscape anyway ]..
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I would hope that the previous postings for the Object Gallery's visibility and lock icons to be moved to the left margin of the Gallery (rather than their current position at the right margin) be taken seriously.

I use Layers extensively. The Layer descriptions (names) vary in length and some are much longer that others. In order for all of them to be read , the gallery can be "bit" wide. This forces the icons for visibility and locking for short-named layers to be far way. Because of this I find it is very easy to toggle the icons of the wrong layer.

+1 for that recommendation, John.

covoxer and I already told you that it's a silly solution... I might buy Pro but never for "ć".. it's a bug they should fix anyway.

Yes, it was all about XX "5" not "6".. I'm just thrilled to see it coming...

I can't follow which post you could be responding to Sponsi ?

Here's a question that was running through my head yesterday...

We know from previous posts that Xtreme Pro will include the new features in Web Designer 6, but they will not be incorporated into the standard version of Xtreme. So we can assume that there will be some non web related new features in version 6 as otherwise there would be no point in upgrading Xtreme yo v6. So here's the question: what new non-web features are we going to see?

I had a sneaky feeling that the bulk of the version 5 upgrade would include the Web Designer 5 feature set, and this is pretty much what happened last year. I know no one here (except covoxer) will know the answer, but any guesses? It's got me flummoxed - and therefore quite looking forward to the grand unveiling. I've even started to think that they may actually be releasing some new vector tools.

Rich

There may well be a 'beta tester' or two who know as well
    Nothing lasts forever...

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I know this is off topic but how does Xara choose beta testers?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I've noticed that certain other members seem to have advancved knowlege of changes in new versions which enables them to write tutorials and stuff from the word go; or maybe they are just very very fast

Also there are occasional references to beta testing in the forums

Can't answer the question though - I don't know......
    Nothing lasts forever...

If you are a "leader" in the forum guiding others without assistance, able to comeup with workarounds and insights to the program, and with good communication and people skills, and probably savvy in programming, graphical, and printing (output) skills, then I expect you might get an invitation to participate as a beta tester.