Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Paint Shop Photo Professional X3

Now Many users complained about the organiser and preferred the PSP 9 browser. Until now It did not matter to me But. The X3 organiser is slow to open if you want to keep going back and forth to grab files. So I dislike it now. But I keep Bridge open and grab and paste from there
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    The X3 organiser is slow to open if you want to keep going back and forth to grab files. So I dislike it now.
    Running on my system, the Organizer in X3 is better than that in X2 but problems remain -- the chief of which is its slow speed. It's slow opening, you can't quickly move from Organizer to Full Editor and back. The "Media" Tray in Full Editor displays the same problems.

Why can't PSP and Elements for that matter get it right with their organizers. I'll resume use of Thumbs+ 8 to manage files.

I spent a lot of time with PSP X3 earlier today editing a set of large images -- 7 to 14 MB TIF files -- from a recent vacation. I crashed PSP at least six times trying to run the Digital Camera Noise Remover tool. In X2 seldom did the program crash with that tool.

I have had more time to work with the new tools -- Smart Carver and Object Extractor -- figuring out how to better utilize them, and each seems to work reasonably well for specific kinds of tasks.

I like the Vibrancy tool and the improved Depth of Field tool. I have always used it a lot since its introduction back in version ?. Selections can now be made in the editing window, not the tiny preview window in the tool.

Bob

Xara Designer Pro X10; PaintShop Pro X7; Perfect Photo Suite 8; DxO Optics Pro 9.5; Olympus OM-5 E-M5; Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3770; 16 GB RAM; AMD Radeon HD 7770.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by OldRadioGuy View Post
    Running on my system, the Organizer in X3 is better than that in X2 but problems remain -- the chief of which is its slow speed. It's slow opening, you can't quickly move from Organizer to Full Editor and back. The "Media" Tray in Full Editor displays the same problems.

Bob

I Have Taken to using Adobe Bridge as my browser. So its just a case of going down to the task bar to grab an image. Not had any crashes To note.
    Trev
    IP

My single biggest issue using X2 is the slow speed of the program, both when starting it and using it. It really limits the use when you know that starting the software will make you wait for 10-15 seconds before you can get things done.

Drawing with large brushes is almost impossible when you can't see what you're doing because the brush arrives seconds after you do! Photoshop Elements is better at this.

So if you have good news about the speed I would like to hear it.

regards

JimR
    IP

Well I put a new computer together, middle of last year, prior to that it was AMD 2200 with 2 GB of ram. It was not slow but getting slower as Images got Bigger. 3mp for the Casio then the 6mp Minolta and then the Fuji with its two layer sensors that can produce 25 MB files. Some times it would be slow painting with a A4 size 200 ppi image and a large brush but that was to be expected. What I'm saying is that its more to do with your hardware then PSP. The media cataloguing can use up resources but once that has been done on the first time use It will just keep it up to date using very little Memory and for only a short time.
    Now someone was saying int corel groups that X3 opened quicker 9 secs was his time I get 9.5 to 10 on a Win 7 Athlon 7850 dual core with 4Gb (3.4 usable) ram and a ati 5540 512. Though one user reckoned 20 sec was good.
    Applying digital noise remover to a 56mb scanned negative was more or less instant
    IP

PSP Pro X3 is very nice BUT it is actually slower on the same hardware (Intel Core 2 Duo T9300 running 2.5Ghz, 4GB RAM, 512MB dedicated video memory) than was X2. I'm a bit disappointed but I haven't yet tried tweaking things. I suspect that removing/disabling features would help, particularly less frequently used effects. FWIW, I don't have ANY third party plug-ins installed - my installation of PSP Pro X3 is running the default settings determined by the installer.
    IP