Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Make buttons in a multi-level nav bar change color

I am unable to do a control click on all three buttons
    That's correct Sheila, you can't. I think Xhris meant to Shift+Ctrl click on each rectangle.

Try this:
    Select the left most group and Ctrl click to select the rectangle. The status bar tell's you you've selected a rectangle.

Now holding down the Shift key, Ctrl click the middle rectangle.

Repeat for the right group.

So remember it's Ctrl+Shift to select within several groups.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Perhaps this visual aid will help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Egg:

Thank you so much for your help - I was working on this for hours trying to get it to work. One step sure makes a difference.

Thanks again Egg.

Sheila

I see that you posted within just a minute of my post, Sheila. I didn't want you to miss out on my submitted demonstration (despite the fact that you now clearly understand the solution to your issue).

Excellent video Curtis, very clear and precise. Thank you for your input.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks. I only jump in here once in awhile, but do like to offer quality input (where I can). I AM working hard at developing some of the very professional skills that many of you hotdogs possess (in the words of B.B. King ... "someday, baby ..."). Sorry for the Yankee accent ...

Curtis:

Thank you so much for the demonstration it certainly made things much clearer for me. You certainly know XWD - great job.

Thanks,
    Sheila

Curtis

Very nice video tutorial!

Thanks. =)

By the way, Sheila ... you can make the job just a bit simpler, and perhaps easier to maintain.

1) When creating a button element, using center-justified text will ensure that the text always stays centered within the bounds of the background retangle. Otherwise (using left-justified text), as the string/label length changes, the text has to be horizontally repositioned.

2) If constructing your navbar from scratch, you can create a single button comprised of three groups on the three special layers. Soft Group them and assign a temporary link. After testing the button (to make sure that it's functional), duplicate it as required, positioning the button-copies however you please ... then edit their labels, as required.

Cursor,

What a great and helpful video tutorial. So logical and easy to understand and follow. Thanks for your friendly and helpful contributions here.

Suzie1234