Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Restaurant Site

Default Restaurant Site

My sister called me and asked me to make a site for the restaurant she works at. I completed this site in just 4 hours using XWD. Over all I think it is okay. Would love to hear what everyone thinks.http://www.thelexingtonrestaurant.com

Thumbs up Re: Restaurant Site

In 4 hours I can't do anything, I don't have experience using other web tools but 4 hours seems to be really fast.
    Best regards
    Javier

Default Re: Restaurant Site

Excellent! Clear, easy to navigate, concise, only one problem ... after looking at all the options and then the contents of my fridge I'm depressed! If I lived a little bit closer ... do they deliver?
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Works for me ........ Now I'm hungry too!
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I like the overall feel of the site, but couldn't figure out why you used a Verdana/Arial style font for the buttons and opening times only to switch to TNR for the actual menu. ( Maybe I'm a bit prejudiced against TNR... I find it harsh on the eye )

Still what do I know? If it brings in customers it's got to be good!

Simple and easy to navigate site.

The text on the home page is wall to wall in the rectangle. If you increase the size of the area and/or make the text a point or two smaller and increase the line space and bring in the left and right margins, it will look more elegant.

I would add a mouse over state for the buttons to provide visual feedback that the buttons work.

The Blog Here text almost looks like a mistake because it is a text link and you use buttons on the rest of the site. Suggest adding an additional button on the left for Blog Here.

Some of your yellow bold text is underscored. Underscore usually indicates linked text and this text is not linked. I suggest you remove the underscores except on linked text.
    Last edited by gwpriester; 19 December 2009 at 12:49 PM.

Hello
    Great work for only 4 hours. Functionally, everything looks good. As for the design there is too much green for me. I would add some white back ground on there somewhere. Maybe behind the text area, that is the content area that changes when you click the buttons. Also the logo at the top of the site is a bit fuzzy, the Anchor and the bottom line of text are not very clear. Also if it was my site I would add a photos section. There are a lot of small photos that are good but as a customer I would like to see some bigger photos of the restaurant and the food!
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

You are a fast worker!

One observation I made was that your principle navigation seems to be all over the place, from page to page. Personally, I prefer to have all major buttons in precisely the same postion on all pages.