Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default One Webpage with multiple layers

All:

It just occurred to me that I can have one Master page and multiple layers I can turn on in response to menu buttons. However, this concept leads to some questions:

1. Once turned ON, is there a way to turn the layer OFF programmatically?

2. I tried the method and found that the page itself is lengthened if the layer content is longer than the page. Is there a way to shorten the page to its originally length programmatically? A long blank page creates unwanted scrolling of a blank page.

3. It would seem that the one-page/multiple-layers concept would be faster than having many separate pages. WAIT! Come to think of it, loading might be slower because the page has to load everything. Then again, that's what frames are for. How about a comment on this. Am I thinking correctly?

If this reasoning is folly, the answer, whatever it is, will lead to my better understanding XWD.

Thanks,

Ron

Default Re: One Webpage with multiple layers

Hi Ron,

I enjoy some of the great popup features in XWD.

The first "Web Properties" function I use alot is the ability to see a chosen popup layer when my mouse hovers over an area. Whatever layer I want to hide in the "Layer Gallery" using the visibility box... then pops up... when the mouse goes over the area...it then disappears immediately when the mouse goes off the area. Anything on a layer can be popped up.

The Second menu below allows me to do popups when I click some kind of link. It is very powerful to visually hide an element and then have it appear when clicked.

I know im not addressing ALL your concerns ...like about programability and turning things off. This is just a partial answer. Im still learning too.

Suzzie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	popuptools.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	121.7 KB 
ID:	64191  
    Last edited by suzzie1234; 28 July 2009 at 03:57 PM.

Ron, you might look at my post of yesterday "Further to page includes" and Sledger's reply.
    Phil Thompson

Nice input, Suzzie.

There have been a couple of threads having to do with this idea. Consider reading through these:

Hi RonM

Keep in mind that a single page will give you one opportunity to be found on the search engines whereas if you split your content onto many pages you will have multiple opportunities.

Thanks to all for your insights and mini tutorials. These tidbits are just what I've been working with and having trouble solving.

Thanks again.

Ron