Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default No graphics will show up - ONLY text???

I was working on a site, the first one with Web Designer, and it was going great, I have been using Xara for years and I am fairly familiar with it and now Web Designer.

But then, I wanted to go over the tutorials for Web Designer and did the guest one, and the introduction one, and I have a live site to see my work live on the web which I am using.

Anyway, in working on the tutorials, a setting somewhere must have gotten changed in my Web Designer and all of the sudden, the real site I started working on will not display any graphics at all????

I have been over everything many times now, I have deleted the entire local and remote sites and published them again, and again, and no luck, I even restored from backup a previous version of the site I'm working on and then went back and deleted all files and re published it from Web Designer, no luck, AND then using Dreamweaver, and still no luck - all the graphics on the entire 7 page site will not display in IE, AND Firefox!

What the heck am I over looking here - this is driving me crazy - could my files (for the site I am working on) have become corrupt somehow after working on the tutorials? I can see only the text from the pages now (on the live site), no graphics, BUT, if I preview the site from within Web Designer, it all shows up and works great, but then I upload it all, and no graphics display!

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Default Re: No graphics will show up - ONLY text???

Welcome to talkgraphics, Tony.

Can you attach the .web file to your next post? That would help the troubleshooting process.

Sure, no problem, it's attached (it is the beginning of a site for a non profit cat rescue).

I appreciate any help!

Here is the live site link: http://floridafelinesanctuary.org/
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by tonyGTO; 12 July 2009 at 09:57 PM. Reason: added site link

That's interesting.

I note that on your contact page you have some placeholder code. Try removing that, then upload and test.

Welcome to the Web Designer forum

Works for me in Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer. And the contact form displays fine.
    Last edited by gwpriester; 12 July 2009 at 10:40 PM.

I get virtually nothing in IE8. The image below is of the home page. Navbuttons don't even show up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	temp.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	63487  

Exported, it works fine in all browser for me too. IE8 included.

However, there's a mistake on the navbar with the spelling of 'Information'

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imformation.png 
Views:	171 
Size:	2.2 KB 
ID:	63489

And page 8 get's exported as .htm - (in Web Options it's not named)

Name:  feline-page8.png
Views: 228
Size:  2.8 KB

However, the live URL returns a proxy error when trying to load the missing image URL:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	proxyerror.png 
Views:	177 
Size:	7.6 KB 
ID:	63491

I would contact your web host for help on this error.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 12 July 2009 at 11:00 PM.

I put in a support request to the hosting company, I have been having quite a few problems with that hosting company for a while now to tell you the truth. I hope they can fix this problem.

Thanks for the help and the screen captures of the errors, if I can ever do anything for you (though I don't know what that could be?) please let me know!

Tony

I'm new to this forum. Having the same problem with trying to upload my website. It previews fine, and all the individual html docs look great on my computer, but when I upload them to my host (networksolutions) only the text is displayed, no graphics, pics, navbar, etc. I've used both my host's File Manager and winscp to upload, the result is the same. When I tried to upload via Xara's 'publish' function, it always timed out, though it is not a large website. Any advice appreciated.

When you upload to your web provider you must also upload the xxxx_htm_files folder and all of it's contents. Your graphics, javascript, and css files live in that folder.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update