Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Both popup and link from the same text

I want to make a better design for http://www.bellangegalleri.com/utstallningar.html, but I want to keep the same behavior. It works with javascript. When you have the cursor on a name, a picture pops up. When you click on the same name, you get another page. How can I do this in XWD?

Default Re: Both popup and link from the same text

I needed the same thing on this site http://www.marciles.com/ What I did was on the roll-over layer add an additional thumbnail slightly different in color, positioned exactly over the original thumbnail, that was linked to the destination page.

Like this, Hymer?
    Attached Files Attached Files

I was trying to remember how to do this for another use. This is where I came out.

Put the mouse over image, on a new pop up layer (instead of mouse over). Then link the mouse off text to the pop up layer using the Mouse Over action.

Link whatever you want on the pop up layer to wherever you want to link it.

Yes cursor, thank you, exactly so. Gwpriester, is this the tutorial to cursors illustration? I shall try this tomorrow. Excuse me if I response so late, I am so occupied.

You're occupied too!
    basically, apply an OnMouseOver assignment, and a Link assignment (both in the Web Properties dialogue)

Cursor, I try this now. I have the text and I imported the first image. I have the image selected and the layer gallery is open. Please, would you lead me step by step?

Can you attach a .web file to your next post? That might speed things along.

This image on side 2 belongs to Amie and I shall construate a page for this name too, but it is not ready.
    I wish that all the pictures will pop up at the same place as you see on the original site.

Note: Click the "Tillbakablick" button to access the modified page (in Preview).

This is what I did:
    • Eliminated the spaces from your text links. Apparently you wanted them to be centered on eachother. I changed them to center justified text, then used the Arrange > Alignment dialog to horizontally center them.
    • I created three pop-up layers and placed a photograph on each.
    • I added a default graphic to layer MouseOff. This is the graphic that will show when the mouse cursor is not over any of the text links.
    • I selected each text link, and did Web Properties > Link > Link to page [_page 2_]. You should change this to the appropriate page name, after you create them.
    • I selected each text link, and did Web Properties > Mouse-over > Show popup layer [_name_].
    Note that when you add links to the text, they assume the settings shown at Web Properties > Website. In your case, this underlines the text and shows a white mouse-over effect. That may not be what you want.

I left the first link as a text link, but changed each of the two links underneath to a grouped rectangle+text. Here's why:
    • First, it eliminates the default text link underline attribute. It also kills the white mouse-over effect.
    • Second, it improves the pop-up display by not intermittently showing the default (Xara) image as the mouse moves up/down through the list of choices. To see what I mean, move your mouse cursor over the top link. Now drag slowly down to the second link. As soon as your cursor is off the text link, the default (Xara) graphic pops-up. The visual transition from the second link to the third is much improved because there are underlying rectangles that preclude display of the default (Xara) graphic.
    I hope that's clear enough.
    Last edited by cursor; 07 July 2009 at 03:41 PM.