Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question xara web designer

Hi, I hope its right place to ask if I could some help about my homepage in designer I dont know what Im doing wrong.
    Can someone see this page http://www.starbeauty,se not so good!

Default Re: xara web designer

Quote Originally Posted by birgitta View Post
    Hi, I hope its right place to ask if I could some help about my homepage in designer I dont know what Im doing wrong.
    Can someone see this page http://www.starbeauty,se not so good!
    If you'll change the comma (,) to a period (.) then your site is accessible: http://www.starbeauty.se/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	temp.jpg 
Views:	306 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	63247  

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Hi Brigitta,

the first thing I noticed is that you don't have any navigation on any page other than your first page. You don't have a way to move around once you leave the first page. The second thing I noticed is that you seem to have some invisible objects (graphics of some kind) that are not showing up even though they are loading. And the third thing is that you seem to have text that is placed over other text.

I can help you find out what is going wrong if you will post a .web file.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Question Re: xara web designer

Hey Eric, so kind of you to help me I have just started with web designer and the problems I saw when I would lay it all out on the web. How do I send it to you?
    Birgitta

Thank you, but if I send files?

Red face Re: xara web designer

Hello Birgitta,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

The problem I see is your text is extending beyond the area you wish it to be displayed.

This is most often caused by scaling the text after it has been created.

Rather than using the sizing handles to change the scale of the text, please select the text and change the font size.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Should it be 3 files htm, web.jpg, the pictures do not lie in a special picture folder? Is there a description exactly how to save? Now all files in the same folder, is it OK?

Quote Originally Posted by birgitta View Post
    Should it be 3 files htm, web.jpg, the pictures do not lie in a special picture folder? Is there a description exactly how to save? Now all files in the same folder, is it OK?
    Hi Brigitta,

What I think Eric would like you to do is just attach the *.web file of your website. That file is the one when you 'save' your web page, not the exported files.

You will need to click Manage Attachments and then browse to the *.web file, click on it, upload it and it will be attached to your post. Eric will then open it in XWD and have a look and help you fix your problems.

Hope that helps,

Ed......:-)

Hi and thanks for all help I got on how I would save, and now have a new problem when I would
    1. upload pages to the internet so it took 1 h 30 min is it really take so long? Must be something wrong I use FTP LE.
    2. I changed the link reservation and now I can not upload the file change will not!
    Birgitta