Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Preview site doesn't work

Hi. I just created a few pages of a website and the preview doesn't work.
    Before I preview it, I understand it needs to be exported as an index first.
    After pressing the export button, I found the folder I created to hold the files, choose it to save as index, and save it.
    When I preview, nothing shows.
    When I go into the saved folder, there is an index_2.htm file, and when I double-click that file, I see my home page.
    What's wrong.
    I'm getting very frustrated.
    Is there a setting somewhere I missed?
    I'd appreciate any help.
    Thanks.

I saw a post a few before this one and made sure that my Home page was the first one.
    After exporting, the preview worked, then uploaded, then I went to my website online and it was blank.
    Then the program gave me an "Internal Program Error 511.k.pu.op" error.
    Something must have gotten corrupted.

I'm going to open a fresh, new template, and rebuild a page or two, and see if it works.
    Sigh, Oh well...

Quick question: Can any page in the templates section be used as your Home page? Or do you need to use page 1 and edit it?
    Last edited by Merlin_AZ; 06 July 2009 at 12:07 AM.

Default Re: Preview site doesn't work

index_2.htm indicates that you have an index.htm which is likely blank because you have started your website design on a second page in Web Designer. XWD 'preview' will only display page 1 (index.htm)

Please see this thread where a similar errors was made.

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=39883
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 06 July 2009 at 12:14 AM.

Hi Merlin. With the .web file on screen, simply click the Preview button (Export & Preview website) on the toolbar. A preview window will open. You don't have to do a File > Export website to preview your work.

Thanks for the replies!
    There were several issues. Thankfully, I caught this after 2 of 8 pages were created.
    Somehow, yes, the home page was created on page 2, and moving it up one page and republishing it didn't work.
    Also, something got corrupt, since I started over, created my home page, and it's publishing to my test server OK.
    I'll keep going and see how things go.
    I really appreciate the help of the other users on this forum and it hopefully confirms I made the right choice since I committed and bought XWD earlier today.
    Things are getting easier as I continue.
    Again, many thanks.

Well, I thought things were going smoothly.
    I just got another error message, "Internal program error 1441.k.ra.ge."