Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Import size limited to 500 px

In XtremePro, we can remove that limitation. Why are we restricted here, so that we have to resize the image?

Default Re: Import size limited to 500 px

And why on God's green earth did the hot-key combinations change? What? They don't have anything better to do than screw us up? Import used to be ctrl-alt-i and now it's ctrl-shift-i.

Mooheads. When changing a color with WDP, clicking on a color does not assign it but offers line or fill. I like that. But XTP5 was just released and that was not added to its features. Huh? I guess that Xara is trying to get us to buy both products....

Just one more thing today: When exporting in WDP, I want to give the name of the project one which is relevant, instead of just the name of the first file. If I do, however, then the first file is not exported. Huh? Who thought of this? Or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by rdettwyler View Post
    In XtremePro, we can remove that limitation. Why are we restricted here, so that we have to resize the image?
    Rick I believe the thought process was web pages usually have size limits set for faster loading in the viewer's browser. You can use XaReg to change the fixed import size or to turn it off. You can download the latest version of XaReg from Gary Priester's XaraXone

And why on God's green earth did the hot-key combinations change? What? They don't have anything better to do than screw us up? Import used to be ctrl-alt-i and now it's ctrl-shift-i.
    Very good question. I believe the answer given by Xara Group Ltd is the change was made for inverting the Mask so it is the same key sequence used in other programs. Shortcut key changes in Xtreme to make it compatible with other drawing applications has not been very popular with Xara users. I still do not use any of their shortcuts since the spacebar was changed several versions back. Why waste my time learning shortcuts if they may be changed in a future version. And why use the shortcut key utility to hunt down and change things.

Mooheads. When changing a color with WDP, clicking on a color does not assign it but offers line or fill. I like that. But XTP5 was just released and that was not added to its features. Huh? I guess that Xara is trying to get us to buy both products....
    Many long time users of Xtreme have complained about the popup menu in Xtreme 4 and Web Designer. XaReg offers the ability to disable the popup which has been about the most popular feature.

I believe Xtreme 5 does not have the popup on left click because of the complaints about the popup since it was introduced.

Just one more thing today: When exporting in WDP, I want to give the name of the project one which is relevant, instead of just the name of the first file. If I do, however, then the first file is not exported. Huh? Who thought of this? Or is it just me?
    We can only hope this may be changed in future versions of Web Designer.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Regarding the 500 pixel concern, there was a discussion about it here.

Mooheads. When changing a color with WDP, clicking on a color does not assign it but offers line or fill. I like that. But XTP5 was just released and that was not added to its features. Huh?
    Uh ... "mooheads"?
    Try right-mouse clicking on the desired color, then select from the popup menu. Works just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by rdettwyler
    If I'm not mistaken, you can customize your key shortcuts in Xara Xtreme Pro 5.