Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to resize a photo panel ?

Hi,

I am using the "Beta Themeset" / Page 5 in version 5.
    This has a panel containing a photo on the left hand side.

I want to resize the panel, because my photo is larger than the existing photo I am replacing.
    Seen tutorials on resizing photos, but not on resizing panels.

Please can anyone advise how I could resize the panel (both length and width independently) to accommodate my photo ?

Thank you.

Default Re: How to resize a photo panel ?

Click on the panel and drag one of the corner or side handles that appear into the direction that you want to change the panel's size. Next, right-click and select "Replace bitmap".

Thanks, but that maintains the aspect ratio.
    My photo is landscape, and the panel is portrait.
    How can I change the dimensions of the panel (horizontal and vertical) independently?

Cool Re: How to resize a photo panel ?

If you like, you can leave the panel the same size (if it fits nicely with your web page layout, for example) and resize/recrop your photo, using the fill handles. When exported, your photo will be optimally processed.

How can I change the dimensions of the panel (horizontal and vertical) independently?
    Marquee-select the panel (including the photo), then remove the photo from from your selection group by Shift-clicking it. Now you should have all of your panel elements selected. In the infobar, enter 90° as a rotation angle, then hit the Enter key.

Sorry, I need to be clearer.

I want to resize the panel because I want to display more of my photo, so resizing the photo is not an option.

The dimensions of my photo don't work with that of the panel.
    If I try and re-size the panel, the aspect ratio is fixed.
    i.e. if I make it wider, then it also makes it taller, and I don't want that.
    I want to make the panel wider only.

Does that make sense?

Thanks a lot for your responses so far.

If you want to adjust the size of your panel (horiz/vert independently), then 1) follow the selection proceedure that I outlined above (so that you get the panel elements, and not the photo), then 2) simply enter new values for the height (H) and width (W) on the info bar. Changing the aspect ratio between height and width will require that unlock aspect ratio button, on the infobar.

Just click on the photo, uncheck the aspect ratio, change width, Click on your new photo in windows explorer then Ctrl Shift drag to replace.

Thumbs up Re: How to resize a photo panel ?

Thanks folks, that worked