Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Creating a double link

I want to create a link to another layer for mouseover. Ok, no problem. But I also want a popup box with text to appear when the mouseover takes place. I've attached a snapshot of how I've set it up.

The problem is when I preview the text box does not show on mouseover.???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6-24-2009 10-30-45 AM.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	62684  
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Default Re: Creating a double link

Perhaps I'm not appreciating the problem, Ron. Couldn't you simply put the text that you want popped up (on mouse-over) on the popup layer?

Here I've attached the web file. Can you explain what I'm doing wrong?
    Last edited by Ron Duke; 24 June 2009 at 06:46 PM.

Xara's Facebook

Ron, I sent you a PM.

Thanks! Here's the web file...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ron Duke; 24 June 2009 at 06:50 PM.

Xara's Facebook

The problem is that the graphic groups (rectange+text) that define your CLASSY CARS and TALKGRAPHICS button (on your MouseOverlink1 layer) are erroneously set to Web Properties > Mouse-over (tab) > Show popup layer [MouseDown1]. Change them to Do nothing. (Note that the MouseDown layers work automatically and require no explicit linking to function.)

Your not quite out of the woods ...

Your TALKGRAPHICS group on MouseOfflink1 is wrongly set to Web Properties > Mouse-over (tab) > Show popup layer [MouseOverlink1]. Instead, select Show popup text and write the text that you want to appear in its value box. (Note that the MouseOver layers work automatically and require no explicit linking to function.)

Your TALKGRAPHICS group on MouseOfflink1 is wrongly set to Web Properties > Mouse-over (tab) > Show popup layer [MouseOverlink1]. Instead, select Show popup text and write the text that you want to appear in its value box. (Note that the MouseOver layers work automatically and require no explicit linking to function.)
    Ok. I just wanted to be able to color the text box and text. But I guess that isn't possible.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 24 June 2009 at 08:41 PM.

Xara's Facebook

There is a slight error in the last paragraph of my previous post. The popup text should be applied to the MouseOverlink1 layer (not the mouseofflink1 layer).

Since it looks like I can't edit it, I'll correct the paragraph wording here:
    Your TALKGRAPHICS group on MouseOfflink1 is wrongly set to Web Properties > Mouse-over (tab) > Show popup layer [MouseOverlink1]. Instead, set it to Do nothing.

Next, for the same button, MouseOverlink1 layer, set it to Show popup text, and write the text that you want to appear in its value box. (Note that the MouseOver layers work automatically and require no explicit linking to function.)
    Last edited by cursor; 24 June 2009 at 07:15 PM.

Got it. Thanks Curtis.

Xara's Facebook

I just wanted to be able to color the text box and text. But I guess that isn't possible.
    Actually, you can do that by moving your text box to the MouseOverlink1 layer (instead MouseOver layer, where it currently sits), then group it with the mouse-over button cover for TALKGRAPHICS.

Of course, your text will be exported as a graphic. You could, however, add some Alt-text (in the Image tab of the Web Properties).