Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Next release / version....

Can the XWD developers provide an indication of when there will be an updated release / version and provide a bullet list of what enhancements might be provided? There have been some great suggestions in the forums and I'm sure it would be of great interest to many to know what's on the radar.

Thanks!

Default Re: Next release / version....

Quote Originally Posted by jagweb7 View Post
    I'm sure it would be of great interest to many to know what's on the radar.
    ....and to competitors

Software developers generally keep those things quiet.

That's fair enough. I just thought I'd see what the response would be given that I've seen it mentioned in some threads that things would be considered for future releases. On the next level, could you estimate when the next release might occur (not sure if that's out of bounds)? 1-2 months, 3-6, >6?

I ask only b/c its such a great product and I know that it will only continue to get better. For the things I need, I will still have to switch things up while using XWD, DW, and WB6. I would like at some point to switch soley to XWD. Competitors or not, you have my business for years to come.

Will it be upated at all I wonder? Surely it would be better for Xara if everyone (in an ideal world anyhow) went with xtreme pro 5?

I hope they do update it its a fantastic piece of software as a stand alone web designer I love it!!!!!!

From what has been said within this forum by Xara staff, it would seem that their intent is to grow this product. As an example, covoxer has said that a more automated/simpler menu creation system will be part of the next release.

Hello all,
    terribly sorry to be such a pain...but. I think I do need a code view of the stuff I'm producing. I love the finished effect of the templates but I need mt code security blanket.
    Something else to consider, for my finished pages, what is the extent of the link I have to enter for the menu to work?

Quote Originally Posted by paganbabe View Post
    I think I do need a code view of the stuff I'm producing.
    If you need a view, do site preview, right click and select "View source".
    I love the finished effect of the templates
    You are not restricted to templates. It's easy to create your own designs from the scratch with WD.
    but I need mt code security blanket.
    I'm not sure what your requirements exactly are, but perhaps code placeholders may be of some help?
    Something else to consider, for my finished pages, what is the extent of the link I have to enter for the menu to work?
    Any links work in menus. And what do you mean by "extent of the link"?
    John.