Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Does "Ross Macintosh" have a soul?

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    You are wrong. As long as we are talking about default definition of space and time (both philosophical and physical), it is only a function of matter. Non-material things do not have these parameters.
    I realize that the mind likes to work in absolutes:
    i.e. "simply something is material or it is not....."

However the universe does not neatly divide along the lines of:
    1)that which you can perceive and
    2)that which you can not,
    each side having distinct properties commensurate with an arbitrary observation.
    (Insofar as this distinction is only in the mind of the observer... as dictated by their particular sensory capabilities.)

Because you can not see something does not mean it is immaterial in any sense other than one of arbitrary definition.
    And things are not rendered incapable of any parameters whatever simply because you have failed to observe them.

And with reference to matters of spirit I'm obviously not simply talking about a definition of matter limited and framed by the current extent of our scientific knowledge...
    But in a broader sense that includes other more rarefied types of matter on as yet scientifically uncharted dimensions.
    Last edited by morphonius_821; 12 June 2009 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by morphonius_821 View Post
    I guess I'm not talking about your definition of matter...
    It's not mine, it's scientific.
    But if you mean something else, then you can be right. But then by your definition of the matter, soul may be no longer non-material.
    John.

It's not mine, it's scientific.
    But if you mean something else, then you can be right. But then by your definition of the matter, soul may be no longer non-material.
    I have an answer for that too
    I would say as you progress "upwards" (up the tree of dimensions whose head is the divine) that with each level the grade of "matter" which composes each dimension in turn is less course, more refined and in a sphere which is less affected or confined by space and time as we know it...

i.e when i say less course obviously this is an understatement as for a whole new dimension of matter to co-exist (on a higher level) interwoven with this one but on the whole for the most part be totally separate and invisible.... each step in "density" (new dimensional octave) would be a massive step...
    and obviously I'm not talking just one addition dimension but many.

IE And that with each step up the influence of space and time effects gets gradually less.
    And that at the dimensional level where these things are completely absent then this is were the soul resides....
    But that there are several levels in between...(of which science knows little or nothing.) which in some key ways correlate to various faculties of human existence...(i.e. our emotions, imaginings and passions- our metal powers,,, ETC...)

P.S. "Cool" Thanks....
    Last edited by morphonius_821; 12 June 2009 at 03:10 PM.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is the result of watching too many episodes of Star Trek.

Quote Originally Posted by kinetica View Post
    And this, ladies and gentlemen, is the result of watching too many episodes of Star Trek.
    Now, now i never said i was a Trekkie

But i would say that the divide between science and religion is one only spawned by the gaping holes in our own understanding of the universe.

The universe does not adhere to our laws... our laws clumsily attempt to model small bite size pieces of the truth.

And there are unseen machinations to everything we observe...
    unseen simply because we can not observe them with current technology....

The first guy to suggest that illness was often caused by organisms too small to be seen was "laughed off the stage".
    Before then there was probably a million and one theories and many thought they had been frowned on by god when they got sick.
    Theres that word again...the one that is a holding tank for everything unknown.

But hey because everybody thought he was wrong and his idea absurd changes nothing.
    We just had to wait until an instrument was created that could show this.

The fact is that currently the only instrument capable of examining the super physical realms is the human mind/soul itself and the training required to hone ones faculties sufficiently to achieve such feats is beyond the attention span of most....
    The amount of work required mentally would probably equate to the amount of physical training required to be in olympic gold medal contention.
    But don't let that stop you start your training now LOL http://www.scribd.com/doc/14044787/Concentration-Mouni-Sadhu-eBook-the-Occult-Training-Manual

That does not mean that "Psychotronic hardware" will not be one day invented.... ie machinery that handles energies which are of the next dimensional octave (ie "atoms" of emotional and metal "matter")...Ie perhaps to image the "astral plane" (to borrow a term) and videotape the souls of the dead.

The fact is I think is that there are extra dimensions that underpin our reality and also when discovered and mapped out in detail will explain many things and also shine light down on some of life's biggest mysteries.

It is a big mistake for scientists to feel that they ALMOST have all the answers...and all they need is a few missing links to neatly sew their loose ends together and truly crown themselves as the high priests of reality.
    many have a way too inflated sense of self importance and arrogantly presume they know more than they do....they know really relatively little compared to all there is to know and probably never will discover more than a small percentage of what is possible to be known.

P.S. that why i also laugh when boffins will scoff at UFO's for example because it is IMPOSSIBLE to travel faster than light...
    not that i want to argue that they positively exist (i have no idea)...but just taking the thing on for arguments sake no-body said they would have to travel in out spatial dimensions (one hypothesis) an also gravity bends space... so it may be theoretically possible to bend your destination on top of you....(i think i just said the same thing...LOL)....

P.P.S That creaking sound you can hear is the lid being pried open from another can of worms......
    Last edited by morphonius_821; 13 June 2009 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kinetica View Post
    We, Vulcans don't watch Star Trek. It is not logical, it lacks consistency and overally is not informative.

Last edited by covoxer; 13 June 2009 at 07:19 AM.
    John.

We, Vulcans don't watch Star Trek. It is not logical, it lacks consistency and overally is not informative.
    This explains a lot...

Move over Steve, I'm coming back to earth too

In my experience, which is what we're all speaking from, the soul is YOU. That is, everything that makes up you, all your mental, physical attributes as well as the life force within you. All those things that may you, you.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

I think your signature tag says it all Ron
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by morphonius_821 View Post
    I have an answer for that too
    Sorry, that was not a question.
    I was initially saying that soul is considered non-material by the commonly accepted definition of the matter. This has nothing to do with your model of the universe. All that you say does not change this fact. Agree?
    John.