Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Images

Default Re: Images

that worked Sledger. Thank you

That's interesting, Steve. The simple test file that I made seems to properly substitute when using just the Ctrl key. Try it. But clearly it doesn't work with helavagal's fiile.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Didn't try Janet's file, but Ctrl on it's own does nothing but plonk the image on the page in WD here Curtis.

DRAG'n'drop replaces all repeated images while Ctrl+SHIFT+Drag replaces single image without updating the other repeated images.

Did you try Ctrl+drag/drop a bitmap onto my sample .web file, Steve? I just downloaded my attached sample, then Ctrl+drag/dropped a pic onto one of the three bottom images and it was predictably replaced (without affecting the other two). I would appreciate your input, if you wouldn't mind. Thanks.

Yes your example is a vector shape with a bitmap fill, whereas Janet has just a JPG on the page which was repeated.
    Shapes appear to act differently to bitmap objects.
    You can use Ctlr+Drag for filled shapes and backgrounds, but not repeated bitmap objects.

Thanks for the clarification. It helps.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Use Ctrl+SHIFT while dragging a new image to replace a single image on the page. This will prevent the new image replacing all of them.

I my! I needed to know this for so long!

where should I have read about this function?

I may be missing much more other shortcuts!

thanks!