Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Repel text Under ... across multiple popup layers

No - not quite the same! In the 'Popup-Iframe.web' example the text panel is on the base page and the pop-up pages are loaded into it - the text panel stays the same. My page/s however has/have no text panel visible to start with - only as Pop-ups. And there is the ability to have visual variety of position on the page for each pop-up.

The advantage with the gallery text panels is that they are auto-stretch to fit whatever length text. But in the iframe method this might result in having to scroll which looks a bit odd on certain types of panel.

But I'm not knocking it yet - I haven't yet had a go to see if I can adapt it to achieve the result I have with converting the text panel to a graphic image. So far I have my reservations but it is a very good work-around anyway for certain situations.

I realized that as long as I have a same-sized graphic/photo (positioned in the same X,Y location) on each of the popup layers, each can repel text under on those layers, without ill effects. (The circles on the attached example are .png files.)

Interesting possibilities ...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yes - I found the same thing but it still can affect any text on the base page under the pop-up pic position. I thought I'd fixed the problem myself using this technique but depending where the pop-up pic was on the page it could leave a hole in the text on the base page.

The only way to avoid this is to have a big enough picture on the base page underneath where the pop-up pics would be - which isn't always what you want!

You could of course make the text on the base page into a graphic image instead I suppose then use your method. But you still lose the ability to have the pop-ups in different positions if the picture happens to lie over where there is text in another pop-up.

It's interesting to hear all these ways to try and get round it though because it nearly sent me mad when I first had the problem!

You could of course make the text on the base page into a graphic image instead I suppose then use your method.
    From my perspective I think might represent an acceptable solution. It could be done very tastefully.

With the attached .web variation on this theme, I added a couple mouseover layers that are triggered by graphic elements (the black circles) on specific [other] popup layers.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Here's the same example but with both pages extended then width reduced (to allow for scroll bar width without forcing a hoz'scroll bar).
    First of all; Hi everybody! I'm pleased to take part of this wonderfull forum now

Secondly I would like to go on-topic: I've had exactly the same problems as mentioned before and the I-frames solved the problem perfectly in my case. But I'm not managing one thing: When previewing my website, I click on a button (named page 2) which shows page 2 in the I-frame. As it should do. I've added the scroll bar verticaly and it works fine. I've adjusted the width of page 2 to prevent the horizontal scrollbar showing up. Perfect. Now the problem: When I scroll down in the I-frame I'm able to see the actual ending of page 2, with its dropshadow. Just like I'm able to see the right side of the page. That looks simply dull....?

I compared my website with the example Sledger has posted and he does not have this problem. The only difference I'm able to spot between our websites is that, in editing mode, Sledgers file shows some kind of a blank page in the background which is not put on a layer or anything. It's just there and it changes size when the page with and lengt are being changed. I do not have this in my file? Never seen it either to be honoust.... I do not know if it has anything to do with it but I mention it just in case.....

Gr