Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Post Creating a 'Backoffice' area?

Hello,

Once again i am in need of your quite considerable knowledge and guidance.

I have a website that i have designed for a customer, it is online and they are very happy with it. However now they are asking if i can produce a 'Backoffice' or 'Members Only' area, which of course needs to be Username and Paswword protected.

i have never tackled this before and am wondering what the best way to produce this would be???

Any help as always very gratefully recieved.

Many thanks

Nick

Default Re: Creating a 'Backoffice' area?

There's this, but it takes a lot of maintenance. I've been looking for something a bit more automated and wysiwyg but I'm a novice at this too so hopefully someone knowledgeable will chime in
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

John.

Membership Management Options:
    • Createaccount.com's mission is to provide online software for user management and membership management required by membership organizations. Our software solutions are deployable in minutes. Best of all, our software is Free!
    • "How can I add log-in to my website?" You've just found the Easy to Use System (SentryLogin.com) that lets you add a login to your site... for less than seventeen cents a day! Sentry is the premiere password protection solution. Six of the last ten times you've logged in at a website were likely powered by the technology of Sentry. 7-DAY FREE TRIAL, Get Started Now!
    • Profile Manager Basic is a free, fully-functional, easy-to-use and customizable membership script. You can now build your own custom registration forms and membership area in your site. Your users will fill out a registration form to get access to member area in your site. On the member area, users can update their information, change password, access member-only content or bowse other user profiles.
    Additional Google search options

Hello Ive lurked here for a few days now and cant resist joining in lol.

I dont know what Xara's offering for this is like, but dependant on what your clients needs are there are many solutions, for example if its digital downloads along with basic membership then you could do a lot worst than good old OSCommerce, yep thats what I said you wont be able to edit the site (well at least I dont think you will) within web designer but it can be treated as a back end add on if you like.

If they have mega bucks the check out butterflymarketing.com big bucks but worth it.

A cheaper alternative would be amember, this is a great script and dead user friendly.

It all depends on your clients needs, if its really basic needs then the easiest thing would be simply to password protect a members directory on the web server.

Hope some of that helps and good luck theres no pleasing clients sometimes

Welcome to the Web Designer forum, ChrisBro.

Good suggestions all.