Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Different pages

Default Different pages

What I have observed when I duplicated a page ( because I wanted the same background layout) That XWD put the 2nd page on the same xara page.

But before I learned about duplicating pages I saved three different pages The main page, about Us, and the entry page.( photo gallery) independently in one folder. named XWD file.

Now my question.

Then you start linking page by page with the buttons do the pages of the web site have to be on one page as XWD makes them or can XWD find the saved page? as long as they are in one folder.?

This might be elementary dear Watson, But I very ignorant about computer background language and etc.

Thanks in advance.

Bill DAniels

Default Re: Different pages

Quote Originally Posted by avbill View Post

Now my question.

Then you start linking page by page with the buttons do the pages of the web site have to be on one page as XWD makes them or can XWD find the saved page? as long as they are in one folder.?
    I am sorry, but I really don't understand your question. I suggest that you read the relevant sections ('Getting Started/Page Size/Saving Your Work & Creating a Website' and 'Document handling/Multiple pages in the document' and 'Web Properties Dialog/Link Tab/Link to page') in the help file, which is a very good resource in helping you

I think that Bill is asking about two situations:
    1. Linking multiple .web files together, where each .web file has just one web page.
    2. Linking multiple web pages that exist within a single .web file.
    While you can do both, Bill, I would recommend that you create a new .web project, then copy/paste the content from each of your earlier three documents into the individual pages in this new .web file.

If you check everything in the layers gallery then draw a rectangle with the selector tool around the ENTIRE webpage you should be able to copy paste it into the file you want

thanks for the comments

bill