Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Remember the Fill gallery?

Quote Originally Posted by sledger
    Not if you live in the UK Curtis where it was just after 2am when Alan posted
    Yeah ... I was just jokin'. Hey what are you doining up at 2 AM?!

Trying to catch the best people online at TG

Right done some more investigates - Used 'get fills' to populate gallery - ok - used some - ok - closed down WD - ok - loaded WD - Fills gallery empty.

Further observation - when I click FillsGalleryIcon it responds "The folder 'C:\Program Files\Xara\XaraWebDesigner\Fills' doesn't have a Fills index. Would you like to create a new index for this folder?

Offers Create Cancel Help - so I click Create and the responce is:

"Can't find any suitable files to add to the index for the specified folder."

it then opens the blank fills gallery window.

Further observations - right from the start of all this when I manually loaded the fills gallery with my own collection, the fills files are actually present. Ie when I go to

C:\Program Files\Xara\XaraWebDesigner\Fills

its full of folders containing the fills jpegs, and in each of them there is a XaraInfo folder that contains all the png's and a XaraText.txt file.

So all looks as I would have expected - except for WD inability to realise its already got all the fills.
    Alan

I've reported this as a possible bug to Xara who will take a look and try to reproduce it.
    Thanks for bringing it up.

This works like the Fill Gallery in Xtreme. The Get Fills button gets new fills online from Xara Ltd. If you want to add your own fills and the fills actually exist on your hard drive as you have described then you have to use the Disc Fills button to actually add them to the Gallery. Just tested this in WD and it works. Hope I have understood your problem correctly.
    adios.
    sunland
    Last edited by sunland; 14 May 2009 at 12:27 PM.

Just found out that I have the same problem with disappearing fills

I can download and use them but if I close and re-open XWD they are gone and I have to download them again.

Drwyd

Update:
    disabled NortonAV
    Re-installed
    No change

windows vista, sp1, 2gig ram, Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU @ 2.20GHz, 32 bit
    Last edited by Drwyd; 14 May 2009 at 02:35 PM.

Just to say, I can't reproduce the error here. All folders and fills still there.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

On my XP machine I dont appear to have this problem and I have more fills maybe it is Vista only

Drwyd

drwyd - your vista pc has this problem? your xp pc doesn't? Gets curiouser and curiouser!

I have xp - and everything in XX and XWD works except for this XWD fills issue.

Sunland - I too can use disc fills to repopulate the fills gallery, but its tedious to do everytime I load XWD.

I have even checked XWD registry entries and can't see anything amiss there either.
    Alan

My XP machine also has XX installed and xwd is the same build number (5.0.1.7886 DL (Xara) Mar 16 2009)

The Vista machine is exactly the same but I wont know the build number till tomorrow, I'll report back later.

Drwyd