Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: drop down menus

Default Re: drop down menus

Quote Originally Posted by holon35 View Post
    No !!!
    As I've already said : it is not the same result with button directly add from gallery and simple drag'ndrop....
    Is it my poor english that make so hard to explain it...

With button from gallery... It is not the same.....
    See my post above, have you really read it ?
    You cant directly add the button to the rigth layer....

Your video was not most bigger if you use button than squares ! And I'm very very happy to see it with button.

I've paid for WebDesigner, and for the moment I'm not very enthousiast...
    I can make a tutorial showing how to adapt a menu bar dragged from the gallery, is that what you want. Mine wont be a video as I don't have any software to do that and I am not sure that I want to bother with the free Camstasia.
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

To anyone reading this....

I have been showing Sheila how the layers worked with poupmenus.. Thats it.. She wasn't understanding the layer process and what goes where.. I just stated that it is just as easy to use buttons from the gallery as it is by drawing rectangles.. and it is, if you know how to do it.. There is never a need to get hateful on here as we are all here to learn this great software and share what we have learned with others... I am just trying to help out and if you don't like it or agree with the way I do it, then don't read my posts..

Sheila,
    If you would like more information or help, just pm me and I will help you off the forum, that way there isn't a bunch of posts in between mine and yours..

Thanks...
    RaZzLE

Your comments and video demo were great, razzle ... and they addressed Sheila's concerns directly. Please keep up the wonderful support. Using simple rectangles allowed for focus on proceedure.

holon35 brought up the side issue that dragging in a button from the gallery didn't place it on the popup layer that he wanted. This is also a valid concern (albeit tangential to Sheila's expressed problem). I addressed holon35's problem directly.

Hey Sheila ... how's your project going?

Cursor,

I read your post and you did an amazing job explaining the procedure. I enjoyed reading it..

Atleast you understand why I used basic rectangles... Was trying ot be a simple as possible, but still get her the desired effect so she could see how it works, then she could build on that..lol...

Thank you...
    RaZzLE

Hi Razzle:

You have taking so much of your personal time to help me out and I really appreciate everything you do. I'm still having difficulty - sometime it takes me awhile to have things click. It would be most helpful if we can chat off forum. My email is sheilagregory@aol.com, just let me know when a good time is for you and I will make myself available then? I am looking forward to working with you and eager to get my web site up and running.

Thanks,
    Sheila
    Attached Files Attached Files

Basically, you'll have to add layers (one static + one mouseover) for each of the popup options that you'll want to support. That would be a pair for each of the following options
    ObsoleteStenographMachines
    ObsoleteHedmanXscribeMachines
    Links
    Your Layer Gallery might look like this:
    MouseOver-Links
    Links
    MouseOver-OSteno
    OSteno
    mouseOver-OHedman
    Ohedman
    MouseOver
    MouseOff
    This would be required on each of your pages. The appropriate popup and mouseover elements for each should be positioned on their applicable layers. Additionally, popup layers should be stimulated by the proper Web Properties > Mouseover > Show Popup Layer entries. And Web Properties > Links (tab) values must be properly set.

Confusing ... huh.
    Last edited by cursor; 13 May 2009 at 01:16 AM.

Cursor,

Very good explanation and loved the ending...lol.... I agree it does seem very confusing and when I first started using XWD I was totally lost.. I have several posts on here asking for help when I first started, but everyone was rite, once you get the hang of it, it is simple to make navbars... I have created several and love XWD....

Thanks....
    RaZzLE

It could, however, be made substantially simpler (from the website designer's standpoint), with the mechanics appropriatly hidden. Perhaps in the next version.

[hugeThumbsUp]Great software, nonetheless! [/hugeThumbsUp]

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Hi Razzle:

Sorry it took a while to get back to you, I had to work on another project.

I can't thank you enough for the video you made, what a difference watching everything. In your directions in Step5) I would have missed the # sign in Link to web address but you had showed it on the video.
    In Razzle's video demo for Sheila, I noticed he added the # in the Link to Web address box. Can someone explain the function/need for that? I can't find anything on it in the help file or here in the forum after searching for more info. It's probably something simple or obvious and I'll feel stupid for asking, but it caught my attention and I'm curious about it's function or need there.

By the way, thanks for the demos Razzle, they are quite helpful.

Thanks.

RobB,

Try the demo out without the "#" and see what happens, then you will see the need for it, but if you prefer to read it then the best way for me to explain it is this. Without the "#" in place, XWD just sees the rectangle as that, just a rectangle, but if you put the "#" sign in, then XWD sees the rectangle as a button.

That's my understanding of it....
    RaZzLE