Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default easy way to create client login area?

I know WD is creating static html pages, but has anyone found a simple way to create a secure client login/password pages, for clients of your service (e.g. Consultant work) can get access to certain documents to download and can have some kind of client profile to update their contact details? I guess the answer would be a cms solution like joomla but I thought i just try anyway. Thanks.

Default Re: easy way to create client login area?

Website Access Manager (from CoffeeCup)

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunatly I can not use this tool since I won't get access to .htaccess due to policy at my work from the IT department, even after explaining the situation. I only get access to a specific folder via FTP to write files and create as many subfolders as needd, and access to to create databases..

Quote Originally Posted by Xcellent View Post
    Unfortunatly I can not use this tool since I won't get access to .htaccess due to policy at my work from the IT department, even after explaining the situation.
    Then how do you suppose to create a secured content access on your site?

This has nothing to do with the static nature of the pages created with WD. This has nothing to do with pages actually. This requires server side implementation.
    John.