Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Info May Day - Xara Xone Xtreme Step-by-Step Tutorial - FREE!

The May Xtreme Tutorial
    The May Xara Xone

Gary's secret stereogram techniques revealed. This tutorial explores the technique for creating a hybrid stereogram that is 3 stereograms in one.

For users with some experience who want to learn how to create hidden image 3D stereograms.

Comments are always appropriate and never not appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	may-09-xone-promo.png 
Views:	449 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	60285  

Default Re: May Day - Xara Xone Xtreme Step-by-Step Tutorial - FREE!

Did anybody look at this tutorial?

Kind of discouraging to put this much work into a tutorial and not have a single response.

Andover, Massachusetts, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

There was at least ME, Gary!!

I was very excited to see how you created the 3d image maps using percentages of black.

Is there a specific agenda to those numbers? How far back they seem??

I tried to do this before and was having issue because I was using 100% in every case and couldn't see the image.
    -h
    ===============
    (a.k.a.) Bobby Harris

Finally!

There are 256 levels of depth. And amazingly a difference in grays of say 5 (140 - 145) produces a very noticeable change. So less is often more.

Gary,
    I just downloaded it yesterday and will be looking at it shortly. I had been distracted by some other more urgent work, some temprimental FTP stuff for another person.
    I always look at your tutes and do most of them. The reason I have come to a point where I can do so much in Xara and XWD is because you made your tutuorials available and I chipped away working through them (I have mentioned this before). I am sure many people are in the same boat.
    Also, I see so many comments through the threads with offers of help where people have learnt the technique off you or commented that you have done so and so, go to 'this thread.'
    Thanks for putting the work in.
    Now don't get discouraged!!! Most, likely people just have come to take it for granted!
    Rupert

Hey Gary, I love your tutorials and already bookmarked it. I'm just not doing any creation at the moment, though I'm still gathering what I will be doing soon and this is one of them. I have multiple family and friend obligations this weekend and am getting paintings ready for a show, along with repairing some frames and painting a new picture.

Please don't be disheartened. I, for one, will be doing this tutorial sometime soon. Thank you for all your hard work.
    Things you should never say when pulled over by the police:
    Could you hold my beer while I dig out my license?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Did anybody look at this tutorial?

Kind of discouraging to put this much work into a tutorial and not have a single response.
    GWP,

Looked at, attempted and completed!!! So... don't be too disheartened. For those that missed it, I posted my version of this stereogram in Gary's other thread located HERE. My post was submitted less than 30 hours after the tutorial was made available. I would have finished it and posted sooner but I had to wait until the weekend when I had a free chunk of time. I learn a lot from all of your tutorials and I think you really outdid yourself on this one! Then again, I am partial to stereograms.

So far I've completed all of the stereogram tutorials of yours that I could find. If you feel compelled to make other ones I'll be doing them as well. I just wanted to let you know that you'll have at least one person crazy enough to attempt another of your SGs. Here's a shameless plug for a stereogram of my own design, you can view, make comments or leave a critique of it in THIS THREAD. I can honestly say that if it wasn't for Gary's tutorials and mentoring I would have given up on it long before it was finished.

Finally, so as not to post my same finished version of this stereogram in two separate threads, I attempted to recreate the fade effect shown on this tutorials 'cover'. The resulting SG I attach for your viewing pleasure and to prove that the tutorial truly can be completed.

Thanks again,
    It was more than worth it,
    Harry

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cubes SG - Finished with Fade.png 
Views:	288 
Size:	262.0 KB 
ID:	60521  

By the way, that was not how the finished stereogram was supposed to look. I created the montage of the three different stereograms simply as an illustration. It is very hard to see the actual stereogram in that configuration.

Yeah, I know. I thought what you did gave it a kind of cool effect. Plus, I didn't have any trouble viewing the hidden image, so I figured what the heck and gave it a go. Although not difficult to achieve (especially after the SG tutorial), it was fun. My ulterior motive was to give your thread a <<bump>> and generate a bit of interest for you. Mission accomplished???

Here's my completed Hybrid Stereogram tutorial image, without the fade effect, for those who didn't see my post in Gary's other TG thread.

I think I'm the only one that completed your Snowman Stereogram Tutorial from last year, too. At least, I'm the only one that posted proof of doing so. Amazingly enough, that was only recently as I somehow missed the original threads. I found it by accident searching for another thread of yours. Go figure!

Cheers,
    Harry
    Last edited by HayTay; 07 May 2009 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Added Snowman SG Tutorial link.