Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 15 November - Xara Xone NEW Xtreme Tutorial - FREE!

I dedicate this tutorial to Norman. He will be missed. He was an inspiration to us all. And as well as the light, I think he learned to view and appreciate stereograms.

The November 15 Xara Xone

Comments are never not welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NOV-08-XONE-PROMO.jpg 
Views:	374 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	53672  
    Last edited by gwpriester; 15 November 2008 at 12:52 PM.

Default Re: 15 November - Xara Xone NEW Xtreme Tutorial - FREE!

I´m a stereogramsholic, thanks for the tutorial.
    Javier

Me too.

Unlike most of Gary's Xara Xone tutorials, this one for Xtreme Pro generated almost no response. I remembered seeing it a while back but couldn't remember where, exactly. A good amount of time was spent searching for this nearly forgotten gem before I finally managed to dredge it up. After a silent shout of victory, I dove right into it.

This one is a bit more involved than a lot of the other Xara Xone tutorials but it was definitely do-able. I must admit, I got a bit stuck trying to get the two circles for the carrot nose to blend correctly. After many unsuccessful attempts I skipped that step and moved on with the rest of the tutorial. Returning to the nose, I eventually found success by converting the two ellipses to shapes before attempting the blend. I also fiddled around with the shades of the coal pieces and the nose blend shapes on the depth map image more than I'd like to admit. Some other steps were also done a bit differently before adding my signature line, and a little show of appreciation for Gary's hard work, to finish off the stereogram.

Another nice one,
    HayTay
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snowman Mapped Texture SG_03.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	59183  

It took a while, but pretty soon I saw your charming snowman with your 11 very tasteful signatures at the bottom
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Big F,

Whew! It's nice to know that at least one other person can see these things. Now, my going blind trying to recreate these fantastic stereogram tutorials is more than justified. I truly enjoyed creating this rendition of Gary Priester's 'Snowmasterpiece' and thought the 'wrap around' signature line I added was a nice touch.

I've got a mini-tutorial of my own to generate so I'd better be off...

Thanks for looking,
    Harry

Thanks Harry for dredging that up.

Next month I am going to try to do a stereogram that shows how to incorporate the two methods as with the compass image. (We'll see how it goes). First I have to crank out the Workbook for the 15th which is going to be tight.

And I'm still trying to draw straight lines. Thanks for posting again HayTay. I think you did a fabulous job with it and I can see your snowman. Your siggies seem to pop out too.
    Things you should never say when pulled over by the police:
    Could you hold my beer while I dig out my license?

Yep, Harry has discovered the effect of the Profile (bottom slider) on the blend spacing.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Thanks Harry for dredging that up.

Next month I am going to try to do a stereogram that shows how to incorporate the two methods as with the compass image.
    You're welcome, Gary. My pleasure! I look forward to your next challenging tutorial. I'm working on another stereogram of my own design at the moment. Unfortunately, I lost a bit of work on it when working on another open file in Xtreme and the program crashed, hard. Thankfully I saved a version of the file some tweaks back. Now I'll have to find out what edits I've lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Burpee View Post
    And I'm still trying to draw straight lines. Thanks for posting again HayTay. I think you did a fabulous job with it and I can see your snowman. Your siggies seem to pop out too.
    Thanks for the encouragement Nancy. The 'siggies' were a bit of inspiration on my part after pouring over all of Gary's superb tutorials for the umpteenth time. I should have all of his stereogram tutorials memorized by now. Alas, it is not so. I'm still finding useful nuggets of information hidden in his explanations (and stereograms ).

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Yep, Harry has discovered the effect of the Profile (bottom slider) on the blend spacing.
    And a very handy adjustment tool it is. Although a manual adjustment here and there can be even more effective .