Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Creating bullet points

The line of text that you're referencing has no bullet. Are you still wondering how to get universally predictable graphic bullets?

No, I think that's already been answered (Ctrl+Alt+B ?). I was just wondering why, when I grouped my text, it didn't get converted to a graphic...

Quote Originally Posted by johne53
    If I group that text it gets exported as a graphic, exactly as I expected. However, if I try to group any other text, it still gets exported as text.
    Hmm ...
    Any text, when grouped will be exported as a graphic. Click once on the text object with the selector tool, then Arrange > Group (Ctrl+G). Note that you cannot use the Text Tool to click+drag across a series of text characters, expecting to create a group (and subsequently export as a graphic).

Honestly, it isn't working. I know that the text is grouped because if I re-select the 'Arrange' menu, the option to Group is grayed out and the Ungroup option is available. So it's definitely grouped and yet it's still exporting as text.

Quote Originally Posted by johne53 View Post
    ...Might it be something to do with the text elements being in the same layer? Can you only have one group per layer or something?
    You can have as many text groups as you like on the same layer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	text_groups.png 
Views:	134 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	59964  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Quote Originally Posted by johne53 View Post
    Honestly, it isn't working. I know that the text is grouped because if I re-select the 'Arrange' menu, the option to Group is grayed out and the Ungroup option is available. So it's definitely grouped and yet it's still exporting as text.
    Does your text object have any names applied?
    John.