Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Adding meta tags

I want to add the following meta tag to a site that I don't want to be searchable. I have been looking through help, and cruising through this forum. I thought perhaps I could do it through Web Properties, but it got embedded in the description tag. I may choose later to just apply it to certain pages. Can anyone tell me how to plug this in? It seems perhaps it involves a placeholder?

<meta name="robots" content="noindex, nofollow" />

Default Re: Adding meta tags

Yes, it involves placeholder. The head placeholder.
    Create placeholder anywhere on your page and give it a "<head>" name.
    In the placeholder code field enter your meta tag.
    John.

I created a small rectangular object at the top of my homepage, then brought up Web Properties and inserted the following in the Replace with HTML Code section ...

<head>
    <meta name="robots" content="noindex, nofollow" />
    </head>

It is now inserted in the exported page code, but it's buried further down the page, and not within the original <head> section. Am I doing something wrong? Will it work if it's a separate <head> ... </head> statement, located randomly within the body of the document?

I had expected to find a "meta tags" section in the Web Properties dialog box; I'd suggest that as an enhancement because this sure doesn't seem like a very straightforward way to add meta tags!

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Ken - Covoxer's instruction was to name the placeholder object <head> and then enter your meta tag in the code field. In other words in that 'replace with html' section the only thing you'd enter there is <meta name="robots" content="noindex, nofollow" />. To add the name, right-click on your placeholder object and choose "Names..." from the context menu that pops open. It is in that names dialogue box that you need to enter <head> as the name. Try it and hopefully it will work for you.

Regards, Ross

Hi Ken,

Not quote what Covoxer mean't.

• Create a small rectangle
    • Click the yellow tag icon or go to Utilities>>Names and name it <head> - close the Names dialog
    • In the placeholder TAB of Web Properties enter: <meta name="robots" content="noindex, nofollow" /> in the 'Replace with HTML code' area.

Note that this placeholder rectangle can be positioned off the page in the grey area (the paste board).

Ooops, I see Ross beat me to it while I was writing my response.

Ross & Sledger,

THANKS!!!!! I had completely overlooked the "names" option under Utilities, and was looking for someplace to define the <head> parameter within the Web Properties dialog. Once I did it as suggested, the desired meta tag was inserted as the last line in the <head> section ... I'll make good use of this function!

I have been VERY impressed with the quality of help available through this forum, and the quickness with which responses are posted.

Great product ... quite a culture change for a guy who's been hand-coding for almost fifteen years!

You're very welcome Ken.. We aim to please