Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Page List and move to specific page

That's not really correct. XX5 also has an object gallery, showing pages and layers. But unlike XXPro 5, it doesn't show the objects.

Curtis, Boy's right, which is very tantalising - I would really like that object level control, but it's out of reach at the moment.

Hmmm ... I did not know that. The idea that the nonPro version didn't have an Object Gallery was reason enough for me not to upgrade. Now I'll have to reconsider.

From the Xara website:

Object Gallery (in Xtreme 5)
    The Object Gallery is a powerful and flexible tool for viewing, re-ordering, hiding and locking layers and pages in your document.

Everything in your document is presented in a heirarchical, expandable list - at the top level are the pages, and inside each page are the named layers of the document.

Object Gallery, Advanced (in Xtreme Pro 5)
    The Object Gallery in Xtreme Pro is a powerful and flexible tool for viewing, re-ordering, hiding and locking not just layers, but everything from individual objects on the page to pages in your document.

Everything in your document is presented in a heirarchical, expandable list. At the top level are the pages, and inside each page are the named layers of the document. In Xtreme Pro you can go to the next level which shows all the objects on the page. The Gallery provides thumbnail views of all objects.

The Object Gallery makes it easy to find, select, lock or hide objects inside complex drawings, or objects inside groups or even hidden under other objects on the page.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_temp.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	62470  

I'm still tempted to get 'pro, but the upgrade Xtreme 4 + Web Designer to Xtreme 5 was only £19, so that didn't need much heart-searching.

Quote Originally Posted by cristofa View Post
    ... the upgrade Xtreme 4 + Web Designer to Xtreme 5 was only £19, so that didn't need much heart-searching.
    Wasn't too hard for me either.

EDIT: Although I really would like to have the additional functionality of Pro's Object Gallery.
    Last edited by Boy; 20 June 2009 at 08:27 AM.