Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Insert Page question

Hi,
    Thanks to all the suggestions given. for some reason (which I don't know) all other suggestions didn't behave as I suspected, so I went with Egg Bramhill's suggestion I kept all aspects of MouseOff/MouseOver and redone the text then made text as the new link/Address. I think I was trying to make things harder than they really were.
    The mouseOver/Mouseoff and having layers containing Mouse actions within the layer I haven't quite managed to grasp within Web designer.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    Well I think I am beginning to grasp the concept, what I am quearying, is to have the same basic "theme", but with different menu items for mousOff/MouseOver on 2nd and subsequent pages. So I am thinking of nameing on page two:
    MouseOff_p2 and MouseOver_p2 and assigning "addresses" that relate to "content" on page two. (does that make sense)
    Is this what you mean?
    Page_1: n a v i g a t i o n
    Page_1: [item1] [item2] [item3]
    Page_2: [item4] [item5] [item6]
    Page_3: [item4] [item5] [item6]
    Page_4: [item4] [item5] [item6]
    If not, please clarify.

Hi Cursor,
    Yes, Page two will have a menu containing 'thumbnails" of my "Family".that when moused over opens a Image of them with a frame around the picture, and subsequent pages Page three (say) will have the wedding photos and so on..
    the Main Intro page will have a menu "about" contact, Projects, the "Projects" will have drop down links to Children,Wedding, and other pages I create.
    Jim

Hi,
    thanks to all that responded to my question. I think I have my questions straightened out, thanks to the responses.
    I may have been making the whole thing more complicated than I needed for myself, but thanks to the responses here I have achieved what I want (I still am a little bewildered 'bout mousOver stuff' but what I did works).
    Jim
    P.S. thanks again

Glad to hear that it's worked out for you, Jim.

If you'd like further help (even in understanding why your current solution works), just ask. You might consider attaching the .web file to your next post for evaluation. I'd be happy to spend a few minutes evaluating, then explaining.

Hi Cursor,
    Well I haven't got everything completed yet, and haven't really got a plan but I will attach what I have ( no snickering)
    Here it is.
    DadsDesigns_5.web
    thanks.
    Hope this is the up to date one.
    Jim

A plan is a good thing, even if it changes some in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    Page two will have a menu containing 'thumbnails" of my "Family".that when moused over opens a Image of them with a frame around the picture, and subsequent pages Page three (say) will have the wedding photos and so on..
    the Main Intro page will have a menu "about" contact, Projects, the "Projects" will have drop down links to Children,Wedding, and other pages I create.
    Judging from what I see, what you call "projects" will be photo galleries ... right? Assuming that's correct, consider:

Home_Page
    __top navbar: [about] [contact] [projects]
    __body = textual & graphic content
    About
    Contact
    Projects
    __side navbar: [children]
    __side navbar: [wedding]
    __side navbar: [vacation]
    __side navbar: [other]
    __body = thumbnails matrix
    __popup layers = enlarged single photos

This isn't what I'd necessarily recommend, I'm just trying to help you define some type of structure. Once that's done, you can move forward with the navigation elements.

What do you think? Personally, I see some holes that need attention. Have I properly interpreted your intent?

What do others think?

Yes Cursor you have, I just have to Collect some of the pictures that I wish to incorporate, it was the 'Menu' structure I was having trouble getting grasp of as per the MouseOff/MouseOver..I had in my mind that you had to have separate mouse actions for each. Thanks for your patience.
    I tend to start with Xtreme Pro 4 then open the file with Web designer. I like the bevel tool in Xtreme Pro 4.
    Jim

I like the bevel tool too. Having a well developed navigational plan is really key to developing a quality website, however. Spend some time analyzing what you want your audience to see, and how you want them to mouse and click.

I can see some improvements to my outline above. Can you? Again, think about flow, while avoiding redundancy.

Yes I would put wedding photo's first leading up to the children, which I had planned, but I have 20 CD's with pictures to 'rummage' thru' to find the wedding ones, and I had the grandchildren handy right now. LOL
    Like I said it was getting my grip on mouseOver/off, but I think I got it now.
    I am not a graphic artist or designer, by the way I am retired Forestry worker who plays around wiht graphics to pass my retirement days.
    Jim
    P.S should spend some time on typing lessons also. LOL