Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Button Links & Rollovers

"Boy",That's cool. Too bad you didn't tell me how you did it.

Quote Originally Posted by cursor View Post
    All three small buttons are single layer graphics (bitmaps) on MouseOff. To have mouse-over effects, you'll need to add appropriate graphics on the MouseOver layer. Soft-grouping the pairs that define each button would be a good idea.
    I have the highlited version of the graphics for all three buttons. I just can't get them to appear when you mouse over.

All Boy did was to do what I recommended you do. He had already posted a functional solution. I thought it might be helpful for you to know what he did ... hence, my post.

If you'll compare his version against yours, you'll see the functional difference. As previously noted, you have a single bitmap on the MouseOff layer, with NOTHING on the MouseOver layer (unlike your other buttons). The button works, but it has no mouse-over effect. Boy 1) added a lightened version of the graphic on the MouseOver layer, and 2) soft-grouped the two bitmaps together.

Quote Originally Posted by cursor View Post
    All Boy did was to do what I recommended you do. He had already posted a functional solution. I thought it might be helpful for you to know what he did ... hence, my post.

If you'll compare his version against yours, you'll see the functional difference. As previously noted, you have a single bitmap on the MouseOff layer, with NOTHING on the MouseOver layer (unlike your other buttons). The button works, but it has no mouse-over effect. Boy 1) added a lightened version of the graphic on the MouseOver layer, and 2) soft-grouped the two bitmaps together.
    Yes, I understand the fact that you have to have two graphics and the highlited one is to be placed on top of the mouseoff button and the highlited one is not supposed to be visable until you put the cusor on the link button. I also know the mouse off button is the one that has the link. I have read all this, as I said before, and there must be something I'm missing because it just won't work when I try it. When I put the highlited button on top of the mouseoff button, it never dissapears, even when I click off the mouseon box in the layer box. Whatever function it is, I not doing it.

There is one thing I do know, when I get it, and I will, it will seem so easy.
    If you've had enough, I'll understand. Thanks for your time.

Why don't you place the MouseOver bitmaps(s) where you think they need to be in order to function properly, the reattach your .web file. I think that would allow for a final evaluation (and a probable conclusion) to/for your issue.