Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Thumbs up Re: [tweaks] The tweaks set for XWD 5.0.1

Hi John,
    Just going thru the tweaks html - thank you again!

Really liked your presentation of the material.
    A brief tutorial on the steps you took to do this exact pageset would be a great thing!
    I'd like to use the format for training materials, myself.

Cheers!

HimAGAIN

Default Re: [tweaks] The tweaks set for XWD 5.0.1

I'm using covoxer's sticky popup script heavily. I really hope that it will be implemented natively into WD.

While it is still a tweak, I hope John would improve it just a little more by making it possible (as an option) to automatically close all other open (sticky) popups without the author having to write numerous my_close statements.

I'm envisioning it to work like this:
    Code:
    my_close('all_popups');
    Is that possible?

One more question; is it wrong/will it create an error is I exclusively define all my popups to be closed, yet just a few of them are open at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Markku View Post
    is it wrong/will it create an error is I exclusively define all my popups to be closed, yet just a few of them are open at the moment?
    No, it's ok. You can close already closed or open already opened layers, it will work well.
    John.

Thanks, that is good to know.

Default Re: Locking popups ... not working

Quote Originally Posted by Tweak Instructions
    1. On the popup layer, add [a] unique name to any non-text object.
    2. Insert [the] following string to the URL (Web Properties > Link to web address?) field of the object that will close the pop up:
      javascript:my_close('mypopup1')
    3. Replace 'mypopup1' with the name you have given to the object on the popup layer that you want to be closed by this link. Combine any number of my_close('mypopup1') and my_open('mypopup1') functions to open and close multiple layers with one click. For example:
      javascript:my_close('mypopup1');my_close('mypopup2 ');my_open('mypopup3');my_open('mypopup4');
    I'm toying with the Locking PopUp tweak and can't seem to make it work. Any ideas why not?
    • I dragged the Locking Popups unit from the Design Gallery Tweaks onto my webpage.
    • I created a pair of objects (black squares) that call a pair of popup layers (identifying them as 'popup' layers).
    • I created a pair of buttons that should turn on/off the locked layers, and inserted [what I understood to be] the proper javascript to direct the action.
    So ... what's wrong? Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for a brilliant set of tweaks, John. I am using Dynamic content with a CMS placeholder but have hit a problem with a coloured browser background colour with a white panel behind the page content. As you can guess, as the content expands, a gap opens up showing through the browser background. The Dynamic and Footer panel seem to be set as transparent.
    http://webmagicsouth.co.uk/dynamic_show_through.png

Do you have a workaround, please?

I guess so.
    If you use the "Dynamic page" tweak, and you have a background rectangle, simple give it a "my_background" name and it will automatically stretch to the length of the page.
    In the original tweak template there is a blue rectangle to demonstrate it and it is described both in manual and comment on the tweak's orange rectangle.

Does it help?
    John.

Smile Re: [tweaks] The tweaks set for XWD 5.0.1

That does the trick, thanks, John.

I plainly didn't read the notes.

Best

David

Well, it did work when i tried it on a single page. Then I changed the rest of the site and the same problem is happening. I even tried dragging a new Dynamic Content page in from the Tweaks gallery and copying the blue my_background to an existing page - The page stretches, the footer is in the right place but the blue background does not stretch. Pic below.
    http://webmagicsouth.co.uk/dynamic_show_through002.png

Any further suggestions, please, Jonh?

Best

David

Yes, you are right. Current code will not work with multiple pages.
    To fix it you'll have to make a little change in code for every page.
    Generally the problem is that you can not use the same name for the background rectangle. So, you have to change it for every page into something unique.
    To do so, select the black rectangle on the "--footer begin--" layer and open Web Properties Dialog on Placeholder tab. Find following string in the code:
    Code:
    var bg=document.getElementById('my_background');
    As you see it contains the background rectangle name. Make it unique for every page, for example by adding a digit at the end. Then use the same name with the background rectangle.

I think it's the simplest way to use it with multiple pages in a single design.
    John.