Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Default Re: [tweaks] The tweaks set for XWD 5.0.1

Wow ... that's a crazy observation, Sebastian!

Renaming my popup (eliminating the small 'z') doesn't seem to fix things. I still get the following error when previewing in Xara Web Designer. If someone could offer some corrective advice, it would be appreciated. I just (yesterday) started working with the tweaks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_temp.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	61321  

Hi,

here your TEMP.WEB which is working on my system.
    I've only changed the object-names from "o_zero" to "o_null" and from "pu_zero" to "pu_null". To get it to work you must place the placeholder with the script on the webpage (it must overlap a little bit) or you put <head> to the name of the placeholder. Both way are working here.

Sebastian

hope you understand my ugly english
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks a million Sebastian!
    I didn't think to position the script placeholder ON the page. That certainly makes sense ... in retrospect.

Web Properties > Link > Popup Layer can identify layers as popup layers. Is it possible to have a single graphic element that could simultaneously identify several layers as popup layers?

Quote Originally Posted by cursor View Post
    Web Properties > Link > Popup Layer can identify layers as popup layers. Is it possible to have a single graphic element that could simultaneously identify several layers as popup layers?
    No.
    John.

Apparently there is a 255 character limit to any string entered at Web Properties > Link > Link to web address. That's a problem for me.

I'm working with the locking popups right now. I have twelve buttons in a column at the left of the page. To the right of this navsystem there are twelve precisely overlapping popup layers, each to be stimulated by its corresponding button. This is the line of javascript that I've entered into the Link to web address field to activate a locked popup layer (here, the fourth layer is stimulated):
    Code:
    javascript:my_close('01');javascript:my_close('02');javascript:my_close('03');javascript:my_open('04');javascript:my_close('05');javascript:my_close('06');javascript:my_close('07');javascript:my_close('08');javascript:my_close('09');javascript:my_close('10');javascript:my_close('11');javascript:my_close('12')
    There are 310 characters in this string. Previewing the developed solution resulted in a browser error message. Reviewing the javascript string to find my error, I noted that each of my Web Properties > Link > Link to web address strings had been truncated to 255 characters:
    Code:
    javascript:my_close('01');javascript:my_close('02');javascript:my_close('03');javascript:my_open('04');javascript:my_close('05');javascript:my_close('06');javascript:my_close('07');javascript:my_close('08');javascript:my_close('09');javascript:my_close('1
    So, what might be a sensible fix? Might there be the option of modifying the my_close() and the my_open() javascript functions so that they can be passed multiple arguments?
    Code:
    javascript:my_close('01,02,03,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,12');javascript:my_open('04')
    Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Apparently there is a 255 character limit to any string entered at Web Properties > Link > Link to web address.
    Yes.
    That's a problem for me.
    Possibly, but not necessary.
    Code:
    javascript:my_close('01');javascript:my_close('02');javascript:my_close('03');javascript:my_open('04');javascript:my_close('05');javascript:my_close('06');javascript:my_close('07');javascript:my_close('08');javascript:my_close('09');javascript:my_close('10');javascript:my_close('11');javascript:my_close('12')
    This is absolutely wrong code. The right one shoud be as follows:
    Code:
    javascript:my_close('01');my_close('02');my_close('03');my_open('04');my_close('05');my_close('06');my_close('07');my_close('08');my_close('09');my_close('10');my_close('11');my_close('12')
    You declare the javascript only once, the rest of the line is a script.
    So, what might be a sensible fix?
    In this case I would suggest you to define the "my_close_all()" function this way:
    Code:
    function my_close_all()
    {
    my_close('01');my_close('02');my_close('03');my_close('04');my_close('05');my_close('06');my_close('07');my_close('08');my_close('09');my_close('10');my_close('11');my_close('12')
    }
    Then your link will look like this:
    Code:
    javascript:my_close_all();my_open(04)
    Might there be the option of modifying the my_close() and the my_open() javascript functions so that they can be passed multiple arguments?
    Sure, you are free to modify those tweaks anyway you like.
    John.

Perfect, John. Thanks for your very constructive corrections. Entering multiple instances of 'javascript' does seem pretty silly, now. I'll have to take a few minutes to let it all this soak in (and subsequently develop a functioning alternative).

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer
    Then your link will look like this:
    Code:
    javascript:my_close_all();my_open(04)
    I'll assume that I'm correct in assuming that the single quote marks are required on both sides of the 04 argument. That is,
    javascript:my_close_all();my_open('04')

I'll assume that I'm correct in assuming that the single quote marks are required on both sides of the 04 argument.
    Yes, your assumtion is perfectly correct. I've dropped them by mistake. Sorry about it.
    John.