Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How am I going to iframe or frame invisible?Any code?

I wanna use frame for my page and put texts into it (different texts for different buttons) however i dont wanna see the frame, just wanna see the text over the background not the white and bordered area??

any help?? thanks

Default Re: How am I going to iframe or frame invisible?Any code?

What about a popup layer with text only?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Clever idea, just be aware as soon you click anywhere on the page the text will disappear again.

....and as soon as you click on the popup link, it appears again..!! Magic stuff

I use Dreamweaver 8 for web page design, and using layers and tables you can place text anywhere with or without borders.
    follow example:
    <div id="Layer8">
    <table width="200" border="0">
    <tr>
    <td> this is a test </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </div>
    You can change the border from '0' to any number. The higher the number the wider the border.

Welcome to TG Forums talker111,

The beauty of Web Designer and, specific to this thread, is that html editing tools such as Dreamweaver are not necessary to design your page.
    WD is targeted at people who either don't need to use HTML to or have no HTML skills or knowledge.

With layers, popups, mouseovers and placeholders, anything can be placed anywhere on a page designed with WD much more easily than using any other tool, whether it be another WYSIWYG designer or html editor.

And ... if you still want to do some HTML coding, that is an option.

thank you sledger and everybody helped. you are exactly right pop up text would be great solution. However, I wanna put javascript dropdown menu by using placeholder. How am I going to link the popup text to the subbuttons of the drop down menu? As you now, you cant see on the WD page the menu until you export the page. So, without seeing the buttons how am I going to link the popup texts?

Let say I use Xara menumaker, it is not even drop down menu. I have to link the page as URL adress to the buttons..How am I going to link just the pop up text?

Thank you guys, for your participation...

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Afsenol - I might not be fully understanding what you are trying to do. Perhaps you can provide an example url that shows what end result you want.

Reading your original question I found myself thinking "why not just use the text tool and create a text object directly on the page. It can be grouped to make it a graphic object that can have a link defined without it being treated as a text link. That object could then be softgrouped with other objects (like a placeholder or mouseover version or both) as desired.

Regards, Ross

Perhaps you want to open popups from any link? If so, you still need to have a graphic object that is linked to popup using "Web Properties / Link / Popup layer" option. Give an unique name to this object. Then in your href atribute enter following:
    Code:
    javascript:window.open(document.getElementById('my_popup').href,'_self')
    But replace my_popup with the name of your object.
    John.