Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Changing gallery theme of a site

Is it possible to change the theme that was used to create a web site ??
    For example, i created a site using the Orbit theme from the gallery, can I change the theme to " Writer" from the gallery, to see what it would look like ?

Or Do I have to recreate everything ?? Text, heading, buttons , etc.

Thanks

Default Re: Changing gallery theme of a site

Hi,

As far as I know, that isnīt possible.

Also, some templates have other positions, more or fewer buttons, pictures etc. than others. So even if you would be able to apply a new theme to an existing website, chances are that you would have to change 70% because of bad alignment, missing buttons etc.

You can change the Theme colours easily.

Simply open the Color Editor then drag the Theme color to the editor and drop it in the colored rectangle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	colour1.png 
Views:	179 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	58682   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	colour2.png 
Views:	175 
Size:	67.8 KB 
ID:	58683  

Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

While that proceedure allows changing the theme colors, it doesn't permit a new theme to replace the existing theme, Bill. For example, if I've created a website that uses the 'Broker' theme from the Design gallery, I cannot simply replace it with the 'Butterfly' theme.

Hi Curtis,

Of course it doesn't allow changing the Template. That would require completely rebuilding the site.

However you can modify the template that is currently used.

Changing the colour is good start to make the pages look more like another template.

The beauty of Web Designer is the person has complete control of colour, location, and size of components. You are only limited by your own imagination.

Look at the Orbit and the Writer templates (as mentioned by Claudius). Major difference is the theme colours. Changing the colour will make a surprising difference.

The background graphic for headers, etc. can be copied and pasted into the existing website to replace any that are there.

In any case the templates are basically suggestions for a starting point. You are the designer so make the changes you want.

If you like something in one template and another from a different template you can simply copy and paste. You will be asked if you want to match the existing theme colours of the page being pasted into or to retain the theme colours of the object being pasted.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    ...drag the Theme color to the editor and drop it in the colored rectangle.
    Although the named theme colours always appear as rectangles (rather than diamonds) on the colourline, you can alternatively select which theme colour to alter from the editor dropdown named colour list
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	themecolorchange.gif 
Views:	144 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	58790