Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Building your own designs - templates?

Hi,

As much as I love the out-of-the-box designs/templates sold together with XWD, they are vital for getting started. But how do I make my own?

How do creat my own menues, buttons and so on? Any threads - as I cannot find it in the help file

I would love to use XWD for creating layouts for new websites as the ones which external designers in my line of business (as frontend developer/website implementor using CMS systems) is always in static Adobe Photoshop files
    Cheers,

Sten
    "Everything has two sides"

Default Re: Building your own designs - templates?

Hi Sten

If you have a look at www.pixmediauk.com this is a site i have created completely from scratch (not finished yet).

Is this the sort of thing you are thinking of?

Regards

Nick

I have the same question. I have used Coffee Cup before but had trouble uploading it so I decided to try XWD. My question is I have two different templates for my site, the index and then all the others. When I try to link the buttons in the nav bar, I don't have an option other than Next page, Previous page etc. How do I make the links? I have saved each page and given them a different name but now what.

There are a number of reference threads that deal with navbar creation, saving your template work in the Designs gallery, etc. Here are a couple of them:

Quote Originally Posted by The Nikster View Post
    Hi Sten

If you have a look at www.pixmediauk.com this is a site i have created completely from scratch (not finished yet).

Regards

Nick
    Yes! That is exactly what I want to know... Some of my customers know exactly what they want their site to look like, and it can't always be done from one of these premade templates... How can I create one from scratch?... quickly...

The main thing I'm having a problem with is trying to use a background image that is not in the Fill Gallery....

If I could get past that, I could probably figure the rest of it out.

I've tried copying it into the fill folder, and dragging it onto the fill gallery, Using the "Option" to add fill from disc, but it just isn't happening.

I read another post that supposedly tells you how to "import" things into the galleries, but it left out too many details. Can someone please help? I have a very impatient customer!

Thanks,
    Kris

Hi Sten

Regards

Nick
    Hey, you've got the wrong "you're" in the tag line... s/b Your...

Hi Sten

Regards

Nick
    Hi Nick,

Yes - the situation would be for me to create a layout from scratch. A layout which would contain some navigation, textarea, footer and so on. From othere threads I start to understand that things like streching buttons cannot be made in Xara Web Designer (a shame, cause they make more sence in this product than in Xara Xtreme Pro).
    Cheers,

Sten
    "Everything has two sides"