Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Do Xara webs open slower?

I just uploaded a small business website (built with my Xara trial) to my hosting company, but when I view it with my cable connection it seems to open very slowly compared to my old clunky Frontpage 2000 web that it replaced. (That was with the same hosting company too and never opened as slowly as this one.)

I know all about web traffic at certain hours but this occurs at any hour.

Site is at www.songsender.com

Thanks for any advice. Steve
    IP

Default Re: Do Xara webs open slower?

You asked the same question that is also in my mind. I have noticed while playing around that flash if you create a flash image, it gives you an approximate download time for both dial up and high speed connection. I would like to be able to know how long the site would download also, even if it is a formula where I have to calculate based on the size of the folder.

By the way, your site came in at about 1 second on my computer, but the banner at top came in last. A trick I learned a long time ago is if you want to reload the page to check the time, push the shift button while clicking on the browser reload link. Apparently this bypasses the cache in your computer and it downloads like if it is the first time you are visiting the site. Nice site by the way..............frank
    IP

Thanks Frank. It makes me wonder whether to invest the $49? It is a great program to use and offers much for the price...but I'm debating as to whether to upload my old FP 2000 site again. I'll see what some others say.

BTW, I know it automatically resizes graphics for the web, but I don't think my banner is so large as to cause a problem. Steve
    IP

For me, your denim background seems to take forever to load (relatively, of course).
    IP

Cursor, thanks. Do you think it would faster with a soft color? Steve
    IP

I just checked the page load times and got pretty consistent results ranging between 1 and 5 seconds. The Denim backgound definitely slows things up though.
    Nice site.
    IP

Couple of seconds here. No delay from the links either
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64
    IP

Hi. I'm changing all the page backgrounds to a nice lt blue. I know about using the color picker but it's a slow process. Is there any quick way to make them all look like this? www.songsender.com/conphonegram.htm
    Thanks, Steve
    IP

Take a look at Site-Perf.com. Enter a website page address, pick a browser, then check out the page loading evaluation.
    IP

Loading quite quickly now - no denim in sight. Loved the samples!

There's nothing intrinsic about XWD that would give you long load times - only what you choose to display!
    IP