Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Smile Re: Community Guide to Xara Web Designer

Nickydude; Thank you for all of your help, this community guide is very helpful to me. I am fairly new to XARA but I have been reading this forum for a couple of weeks now since I bought the Web Designer. This is my first post and would like to thank all of the contributors, I have no need for questions cause all have been answered so far. I love XARA. and I too can't wait that XARA includes both the menu program and extreme within the Designer program. We will have to pay more for it but sure will simplify things and speed up processing. Then it will be the Designer of choice for all webmasters. I have use Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash etc. and always have to juggle between programs. If Xara can finally put it all together under one program they will become #1 quickly. Maybe they can give us that have those individual programs a bit of a break to update to the BIG one. I appreciated being able to update designer at no charge last week.
    'I Walk SLOWWWWLY BUT NEVER WALK BACKWARDS'

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Community Guide to Xara Web Designer

I hope that Xara doesn't combine Web designer and Xtreme into one. I would rather see them keep the the two programs separate but improve the way they work together.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Guide has been updated, now has:

►New front page.

►Clickable contents page.

►Links to video tutorials.

Excellent! Thanks buddy. This is VERY constructive!

Thanks for the excellent guide Nickydude
    It's very helpful and looks great!

Smile Re: Community Guide to Xara Web Designer

Quote Originally Posted by nickydude View Post
    Guide has been updated, now has:

►New front page.

►Clickable contents page.

►Links to video tutorials.

Thanks a bunch Nickydude, wonderful job. Like your site too.
    'I Walk SLOWWWWLY BUT NEVER WALK BACKWARDS'

John (covoxer) just posted (in another thread) a helpful tidbit that might be considered for inclusion in the Community Guide.

A link button that sports mouseOver behaviour can be made to do nothing by opening its Web Properties > Links (tab), then just paste "javascript:;" into the Link to web address field.

Quote Originally Posted by cursor View Post
    John (covoxer) just posted (in another thread) a helpful tidbit that might be considered for inclusion in the Community Guide.

A link button that sports mouseOver behaviour can be made to do nothing by opening its Web Properties > Links (tab), then just paste "javascript:;" into the Link to web address field.
    Thanks, added.

Quote Originally Posted by cursor View Post

Might be an idea to emphasize in the guide that there must be something in the "Link To " box, either John's null script or an actual link. It shouldn't be left as "Do Nothing". That's where I got lost in XXP when doing Ima Guest's drop-down menus ... there has to be a link when doing the MouseOver/Down layers otherwise they wont work. John dropped the same tip into a post then too

Great work NickyDude - much appreciated
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Quote Originally Posted by neodeist View Post
    Might be an idea to emphasize in the guide that there must be something in the "Link To " box, either John's null script or an actual link. It shouldn't be left as "Do Nothing". That's where I got lost in XXP when doing Ima Guest's drop-down menus ... there has to be a link when doing the MouseOver/Down layers otherwise they wont work. John dropped the same tip into a post then too

Great work NickyDude - much appreciated
    Also added, thanks.