Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 51 of 78 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Default Re: Show us your sites!

Thanks for that Steve,
    what software did you use to get that warning to appear? I don't get that warning with Firefox or Norton, as far as I know. I have uploaded the site this evening and await Google Webmaster to do a crawl of the site to update it's status.
    regards
    Tony
    IP

Googles own 'Safe Browsing' component built into Chrome that warns you of dangerous websites checked against Google's constantly-updated blacklists of suspected phishing and malware pages (also comes with Safari) and FireFox users can add as an extension.

I'm sure that false-positives happen, but it's better to be aware and take care.
    IP

Interesting ... the very latest update of AVG gives the site a green light, saying that there are no problems.
    Hmm ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_temp.jpg 
Views:	347 
Size:	169.1 KB 
ID:	61179  
    IP

I have completed my first XWD site and it has been posted. I'd love to get some feedback from all you folks.

Just so you know, here are a few things that I was glad to have the flexibility to do:

I have two forms on the site, one for suscriptions and one for getting on the contact list. Both of these forms send an email to the owner as well as the site visitor as well as entering their information into a table in a MySQL database (one table for each of the contacts form and the subscription form).

The subscriptions form also automatically takes the visitor to the payment page for the company with a prefilled amount ready for them to purchase.

This was accomplished via use of the placeholders and some html and php code.

Almost all of the site (except the above mentioned scripts) was done exclusively in XWD except for a few things that I did in Xtreme. I know that there are a few of the images that are a little bit large, but I needed to keep text flow and the quaility of the images up.

Also, please don't fill out the contact or subscription forms - THEY ARE LIVE and you will get on a mailing list as well as be expected to pay for a subscription service. Obviously if you don't submit the forms, this won't happen. So, please respect the production nature of the site.

I'm sure I will need to make a round of changes at some point, so if you see anything glaring, please let me know.

Thanks, here's the link: www.trunorthadvisors.com
    IP

Smile Re: Show us your sites!

My first, almost complete Website

Many thanks to all who provided examples etc and helped on this forum.
    Will be publishing it to its real domain shortly.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stuart.a.wilson/index.htm

Stuart
    Last edited by stuartwilson; 21 May 2009 at 11:48 AM.
    IP

Stuart, looking good.

There's a bit of oddness with the tab shadows, though. I guess you're still working on the last two tabs. There should be a date on the (c), I think.

Paul
    IP

Hi Slavelle,

I think the only thing that I'd like to suggest is that the copy gets a good work over. It's sometimes hard to read and sometimes the English construction is clumsy. I think there's just too much text in places too.

Paul
    IP

I believe that the content will change - this was an initial launch and the owner is aware that some of that will need to change, as much of the content was put together in the last two weeks (by him) because of a local small business event he wanted to have the launch ready for so that he was able to get signups if they were to happen. He also did an audio CD introduction that included the "visit us on the web..." so it kinda had to be there or just be silly. The bio IS a little long, but I don't think that the various topics have too much text, depending on your interest in the subject matter, I suppose.

Also, I wanted to have his site be search engine friendly, and the best way I've found for that to happen is to include a good bit of relevant content that is written for the audience, not for the search engines, but happens to be searchable.

I know a few people around here who are "professional writers" who may be able to help him out in this area.

Thanks for the feedback.
    IP

Fair enough. The "About us" section has so much text packed in I don't want to read it!

Maybe it's just me. If your client is happy - job done!

Paul
    IP

Paul - noted and agreed.
    IP