Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 11 of 78 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Default Re: Show us your sites!

Oh Sorry 'bout that...like I said just a work in progress..I will change it soon...trying to get the hang of complimentary colors scheme..that I like..
    Jim
    IP

No worries Jim, it was a friendly hint

Have a look at Adobes Kuler system. Quite neat.
    IP

That is very slick. Thanks for the reference. I'm just now watching Adobe's video introduction to Kuler (pronounced "cooler"). It's about seven minutes in length.
    IP

Good intro video, except I think she needs to visit a fruit shop and learn about grapes.
    IP

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Another similar one is COLOURlovers.com Colourlovers will let you download a palette as an image via right click menu. You can copy and past the image into both Web Designer and Xtreme and use the eyedropper from the colour editor to create named colours from your palette image. You can also create single colours and seamless patterns.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Macintosh View Post
    Hi Danny -- When I first launched the site I was seeing in the central area multiple text layers displaying at the same time. It seemed to just be a problem during loading because after it fully loaded it appeared to work as intended. I rather like the marketing approach - in this case the "I couldn't find it locally so I started importing it" does seem sincere. So often small internet businesses try (foolishly IMHO) to market themselves as big corporations. I much prefer the 'feel' when I come across something that reads as sincere and honest. I like your site. It seems Xara-WD offers lots of potential to make it even better and have fun doing it.

Regards, Ross
    Thanks for your kind words Ross, glad you like it

Danny
    IP

Talking Re: Show us your sites!

Hi guys.

I see a lot of folks are spending a lot of time with Xara's newest creation. It's hard not to, considering how easy it makes this whole procedure. Well done folks. Keep 'em comin'.

I may as well add my small compartment on the interwebs.
    This was created entirely in XWD. Nothing was done in XX4. (In case anyone was wondering)

http://madzines.com

Mark...

PS: thanks very much angelize for that great link to Colourlovers.com. That's an excellent resource site. And the adobe resource site is also very sweet. Thanks guys.
    IP

Nice work Mark. You might consider optimising the background to the website - 350K for a background gradient is pretty big. Maybe you can get good quality from a jpg with a smaller filesize?

Impressed with the work you've done though.

Paul
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by cursor View Post
    I had a comment about your website, VIDI (http://www.mjmedia.de/dancingmama/). Your nav buttons in the rollover state cannot be read (at least not by my eyes). You may want to consider picking colors that provide greater contrast between text and button.
    @cursor !!!! Thank your for your hint http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/icons/icon14.gif
    You have absolutly right I will get this change

Happy weekend @all ! vidi
    Last edited by VIDI; 21 March 2009 at 10:16 AM.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Nice work Mark. You might consider optimising the background to the website - 350K for a background gradient is pretty big. Maybe you can get good quality from a jpg with a smaller filesize?

Impressed with the work you've done though.

Paul
    Thanks Pauland.

Yeah, i DID optimize that image actually. It WAS 435kb before i used the "PNG Out" plugin in IrfanView. And unfortunately, saving as a Jpg creates a banding effect with that particular combination of fore/background colours for the grad. Using a radial gradient is the problem.

I decided to just bite it on the bg image after all, because i felt the look it created was needed for the design.

BUT... i do have new FF plug-in for a site that will try to optimize your site's graphics for you (Smush.it), then let you download from them their final resulting image(s). I'll try giving that a go and see if i can shave anymore size off.

:::EDIT:::
    OOO! Hey i just thought of another way to create that bg effect! I can use a solid coloured blue 'base' background, and place a transparent Png white 'glow' spot over it in XWD; on a new layer. XWD will save out each as separate files. And THAT, will solve the size issue. Sweeeet!

Thanks for inspiring me to rethink this issue Pauland!

Mark...
    IP