Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Where's the HTML and where's the structure?

Hi Bill,

the problem is with the HTML code, Xara Web Designer produces. I'm sure you will see a lot of complaints over the next weeks because of that, after the first euphoria has ended. We're trying to explain John (covoxer) and Charles, that they should not ignore the well known ideas behind semantic HTML and Web accessibility.

----------------------
    @covoxer:

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    The first one is a plain unformatted text which you can easily insert into placeholder. You don't need to use wysiwyg tools to enter unformatted text.
    The point is, you shouldn't export such a div tag soup like the current one for the users of your software. You're able to optimize this within your HTML export filter. Furthermore Xara Web Designer customers shouldn't need to use "placeholders", in order to get simple HTML.

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    First one will look unpredictably in a browser, second one will look exactly how you want it too.
    So what's the point of using first one if it has no advantages from the designers point of view?
    Why do you think your absolute positioned HTML is the only way to let it look exactly how I want it in different browsers? I say, please try it harder the next time and try to offer the possibilty to export semantically correct markup of content. Try to avoid the absolute position and aggregate all the same styles in a stylesheet, instead of repeating them in the HTML markup.

Remi
    Last edited by remi; 05 March 2009 at 11:19 PM. Reason: wording
    IP