Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Mouse-over of web properties does not relate to mouse-over layer

That's essentially what is being done when you make the button call its own page.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    I must add an unwanted link if I only want the mouseover effect ?.
    Yes. Otherwise the rollover would work on all objects in your page.
    The rollover mechanism was designed to easily create rollover effect on buttons. All buttons do something.
    If you need some sort fo informative pop-up, you may want to use popup layers instead (they don't need a link on a object).
    Maybe there should be some way to specify "mouse over only, ignore clicks" ?
    Two ways actually, first to use popups, second to add following link to the object:

javascript:;
    John.
    IP

Hmmm ... just paste "javascript:;" into the Link to web address field.

I did not know that ... thanks, John.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by cursor View Post
    That's essentially what is being done when you make the button call its own page.
    Hi Cursor:

I you are using this method elsewhere to force a link behavior, what will happen if you rearrange your pages? I believe the button will be broken or cause an error.

I think the following will work although I haven't tested it extensively. Set up a Layer. Call it something like "NEVER Delete ME because ....". Put the layer at the bottom of the Layer stack and it is probably best not to put any objects on this layer. Now make the button link to this layer. If the pages are rearranged, then the button link should still be good.

Covoxer's method is probably even better, however.

JC
    Last edited by jclements; 29 March 2009 at 07:15 PM.
    IP

As you rearrange, insert, and/or rename pages, associated button links are accurately maintained/adjusted automatically by Xara Web Designer. Nice stuff indeed.
    IP

Oops, sorry about that. I stand corrected.

What I should have said if you duplicate a page with link to a (named) page.

Try this with the attached. Duplicate the last page and check the link to page assigned to the orange rectangle on the duplicate page. I think you'll find that the page linkage reference is the same for both the 4th and 5th physical pages.

Also, if you add a new page and copy the orange rectangle to the new page, the link for that orange rectangle will not be to the new page. If not then something is messed up with my installation.

If there were are a link option for <Current Page> that would help. Not sure how it would be used for something other that what's been discussed here, however. Perhaps for an autoamtic page numbering display such as "Pg x of 6".
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jclements; 29 March 2009 at 10:05 PM.
    IP

It's only a small point in the brilliance that is XWD but I reckon the link tab should do what it says.

The "do nothing" radio button should set up a valid link so that mouse overs work and when the link is clicked the action is "do nothing".

A separate remove link would be required.
    IP