Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Line Type will not print

I found THIS thread about lines not printing

Post# 15 suggests Breaking the Shape.

~ DanDaBear ~
    Some people think inside the box, Some people think outside the box, I think about the box

Quote Originally Posted by mg.architect View Post
    Hi All,
    Yes it does sound very similar to Mr. Bramhill's problem, and he didn't appear to achieve resolution.

Something is wrong here when you can draw something using the software but cannot print it the usual way via the printer.

This is disappointing.

mg
    Printing to paper was solved, however Egg was printing to a plotter/cutter for vinyl.
    Also note this was when using an earlier version of Xtreme4.

Dan, yes that's the same thread as above. Post #15 offers another solution for paper printing.

Hi mg.architect.
    Very puzzling I agree.
    I confirmed that it does not print in XX4.0.1. Also it does not print in XX3.2.
    However it does print happily in XX2.0.
    Erik

Sorry, I meant to add that "Will Not Print-2.xar." behaves the same as Will Not Print.xar. ie. Prints in XX2 but not in others.
    First time I've opened XX2 for ages and refreshing to see how fast it feels in comparison with XX4...but that is a different bowl of prawns.
    Erik

Thanks Steve - that was the thread I was thinking of
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I'll open a ticket with Xara on this one.
    It puts a serious limitation on software when what is created can't be printed conventionally.

Thanks for all the replies.

mg

Even in older version of Xpro that brush shape does not print. Easier way to get it to print is to convert the line to a shape. I agree that all brushes should print straight off without doing anything and I would be interested to know the reply from Xara.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Quote Originally Posted by mg.architect View Post
    It puts a serious limitation on software when what is created can't be printed conventionally.
    Xara Xtreme is no conventional application and neither are it's Print Options.
    Perhaps it's simply a matter of learning what steps to take in order to print certain drawings created with specific tools/styles/profiles. As mentioned in my earlier post, your file prints with one simple change to a print output option for that file (the setting does not affect all files opened thereafter).
    This example also illustrates the value of discussion at TG

No Sledger, I respectfully disagree. That extra step should not have to be taken.
    I'm using standard drawing tools within the software to produce an item that is native to the software application, so it should be a printable entity.

If I produce a drawing in Autodcad, it prints.
    If I produce a document in Word, it prints.
    If I produce a graphic in Xara, it too should print. That's a basic expectation.

Besides this, I can produce the very same drawings in version 3.2... and they print.
    So there is a glitch with version 4, something is broken, or I've got something conflicting with this version of Xara.

Hopefully it will get sorted out.

mg

That extra step should not have to be taken.
    To print your dab line shape it clearly does have to be taken.
    I do agree however that this behaviour and requirement is different to previous versions of Xtreme. This may be due to some changes in the way Xtreme communicates with various printer drivers.
    For example, printing to a PDF print driver (not *export* to PDF) is fine.
    In my tests, both your files print fine from Xara X1, Xara Xtreme 2 but not from v3.2pro or v4pro using a Samsung ML-2150 mono laser.
    Same result on Dell 1710 laser.

A comment from Xara would settle the quandary.