Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: I'm just bein' sociable

5. He's okay in my book!
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    There is also no necessity to merely rubber stamp what someone else has posted, for example, "Yes Gary, that is a good solution." If you have something constructive to post, by all means do.

Gary
    Hi, Gary, I wonder if this refers to praising someones posting as several of us may do this Ad Nauseum. I realise it adds no further information but everyone likes praise etc . Thank you for your patience.I look forward to your reply. Norman
    Last edited by parahandy; 26 August 2006 at 10:05 PM.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by parahandy View Post
    Hi, Gary, I wonder if this refers to praising someones posting as several of us may do this Ad Nauseum. I realise it adds no further information but everyone likes praise etc . Thank you for your patience.I look forward to your reply. Norman
    I think you're looking for rules. That you want a claaar defined boundary, and that it can either be 0 or 1. But all the mods is asking is to use your common sense. A bit of chatter and a bit of praise is fine. Just don't turn entire threads into, that's all. When in forums like the Xtreme one, just think before posting of whether your post will add something worthwhile to that forum.

Seagull, you're not annoying. Don't take things personally or feel persecuted. No one should be coming away from this feeling bad. You have to remember all this started from some PMs. Private messages are like a word in the ear. It's what friends do.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.
    IP

Seagull, you're not annoying. Don't take things personally or feel persecuted. No one should be coming away from this feeling bad. You have to remember all this started from some PMs. Private messages are like a word in the ear. It's what friends do.
    Hi Antony

My goodness, I don't feel bad, last thing from it. But since I didn't get a p.m like all the good artist, I might be feeling rejected, but definitly not bad. No, no, when I am refering to myself as annoying I am just refering to my everyday character. Ask my daughter, ask her if she finds me annoying......no, lets not do that or she may never shut up. But I would seriously like to thank you for your kind words, they did make me feel good.

And as for the off topic forum, I really don't mind posting there, it's just as good of a place as any other, but are we allowed the off banter chatting and teasing there, keeping it under control of course?, while checking the regular forum to see if we can offer help to those in need.......frank
    Last edited by Seagull; 27 August 2006 at 01:02 AM. Reason: surgically removing an "h" from Anthony to Antony
    .............frank
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by -=Drifter=- View Post
    hahahahahahaha

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

that's okay, i've been put in my place (for WHAT i don't really know)
    Same Here Drifter...I Just Stopped Posting and Just Read Now!....lol...Except for this Post.....
    Just Makin' my Way....The Only way I Know How!
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by AntonyF View Post
    I think you're looking for rules. That you want a clear defined boundary, and that it can either be 0 or 1. But all the mods are asking is to use your common sense.
    Thanks for the reply AnthonyF. Yes I suppose in the end it all comes down to commonsense.

Norman.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Seagull View Post
    No, no, when I am refering to myself as annoying I am just refering to my everyday character. Ask my daughter, ask her if she finds me annoying......no, lets not do that or she may never shut up. But I would seriously like to thank you for your kind words, they did make me feel good.
    My pleasure. Besides, I would guess I'm much more annoying.

And thanks for removing the surgically removing the H.

I think this thread has got various people's views on the matter. I'll close it tomorrow, unless anyone else has anything to add? And remember you can always PM me, Risto or the mod in question.
    IP

I just wanna say that IMO, it's not worth it to ban someone because he/she posted off-topic on several occasions. OT posts don't cause any damage or offend people (not me anyway). Although I'm not sure you currently ban people after several thread derailments. I'm assuming this for the rest of this post.

As it's been said, it's very easy (and sneaky) for a thread to go off tracks. You can hardly blame the members, cause they can't help it. They (we) are human
    IMO, mods should just PM the person in question to remind them to stay on topic and split the thread.
    I think the members in question will learn eventually to think before posting. If you ban them after like 4 incidents, you don't give them some time to adapt their behaviour and you'll lose otherwise talentful and helpful members
    I think the mods can handle that much load (of repeatedly warning members). You could even give them a standard text to put in their PMs to spare them the time to type it

I'm just giving my opinion - as in the way I would have handled these situations. It's not to flare up the discussion again. I don't know if you've based your current rules on prior complaining of people who had to go through lots of OT posts in a thread.
    Last edited by The Alien; 27 August 2006 at 04:19 PM.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by AntonyF View Post
    I think this thread has got various people's views on the matter. I'll close it tomorrow, unless anyone else has anything to add? And remember you can always PM me, Risto or the mod in question.
    Yup - about time it was closed.
    Keep it available though, if you would, 'cos the contents say a lot more than the rules. More explanatory in a way. Gives folks more of a feel of how things are.

And yes, mods' time is appreciated - not all folks realise 'tis a daily chore deleting spam an' suchlike. Even banning IPs doesn't stop 'em.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    I just wanna say that IMO, it's not worth it to ban someone because he/she posted off-topic on several occasions. OT posts don't cause any damage or offend people (not me anyway).
    Who mentioned anything about banning? And they do cause damage, and that is why this whole topic has sprung up and we've had a lot of discussion on the subject.

I will close this thread now. But remember you can PM the mods and admins if you want to talk about anything further.
    IP