Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi
    I want to ask if there is a way to convert Multi files from WMF and EMF to XAR ?
    Thanks

Hi
    I want to ask if there is a way to convert Multi files from WMF and EMF to XAR ?
    Thanks

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

yes, if you have a separate tool for it ;-} ...
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Guys, it is very real hope, that such
    tool will appear VERY SOON.
    And much more Xara-related tools.
    Regards, Dmitry.
    Useful utils for Xara: http://xaraxtv.at.tut.by

On Earth for A Little While / With Christ for Eternity

Jen's, your funny!

Hey quietISM, if you do a bunch of conversions, by the time your done, You'll end up with a batch of em'.
    Seriously, I do a quite a few .CDR to .Xar conversions here at work. Just have to knock em out one by one. No easy way around it. Least not that I'm aware of...

Ww><>>>>
    ----------- _~o
    ----------- '\<,, "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep
    ><>____(_)/ (_) - in order to gain that which he cannot loose." JE

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

wW,

well, you are right, sometimes I can't resist. But these few words said it all ;-}

OK, fun aside: to convert several *mf files, you can convert them really fast if you happen to have an outdated version of CorelDraw. Just import them into CD and save the drawing with i.e. 20 or more objects in the *.CMX format (32bit) and import this file into Xara.

Simple? You bet. You don't have Corel? But I think chances are hight that at least one out of 10 of your friends will have a copy - at least in Europe they used to bundle Corel with printers, scanners, magazines, personal computers, peripherals - you name it. Or you might check ebay for 'old' but very useful versions.

Another solution: use something like ACDSee v 3.0 (an old one as well) or XNView (freeware), and just drag and drop your emf and wmf files into a new Xara document. As long as you don't have gradient fills it works just great.
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Dmitry,

Can I take that small bit of foreshadowing to mean that you are working on another set of marvelous Xara add-ons for us to use???

Thanks friends for your comments I think it's an easy thing to be done in xara x .
    As you know that Xara X can open the WMF and EMF files with all the victors and the fill and transparent information and save it as a XAR files with this info it's not a big deal to do that with a multi files . you know that photoshop and such programs do that just open the file and save it as .PSD file and close . I hope you Dmitry do us a favor and make one of your great adds .
    Thanks again guys

Guys, the hope comes not from me, but from XARA.
    Surprized? Wait a little and you will see http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    No more word about this. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif
    Regards, Dmitry.
    Useful utils for Xara: http://xaraxtv.at.tut.by

On Earth for A Little While / With Christ for Eternity

QuieTism,

I forgot to post before how I converted CDR, CMX, WMF & EMF to XAR. First, Import them into a Corel file. When the page is filled up with the items you want in Xara, copy them to the clipboard. Paste in Xara.
    If there is a problem with the artwork after importing (all artwork is black). Copy again from Corel & paste again in Xara but this time select one of the different options (see attached import dialog capture for the options). You may have to try this several times depending on the complexity of the artwork & colors used. If the art is simple then leave it black & fix it in Xara. If I remember right, all the options but the first one convert text to curves so beware.
    The only vector options are;
    _Corel 32-bit Presentation Exchange
    _Windows metafile
    _Corel Presentation Exchange Data

Sorry I didn't answer the first time. Jens got me back on track. It's become so second nature (importing from Corel) that I don't think about the steps any more. Just something I do when I need other program created vectors. Later & good luck.

Dmitry, are you saying that you are writing a program for this? That would be sweet! Keep us informed OK.

wW<><
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XaraImportDialog.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	13465  
    ----------- _~o
    ----------- '\<,, "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep
    ><>____(_)/ (_) - in order to gain that which he cannot loose." JE