Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How To Embed Controls on a Flash Video Movie Placeholder

Love the new Web Designer.

I have several flash swf and FLV video clips I want to imbed in my pages.

I have fount how to use a simple placeholder and to add the flash...but there are no controls on the video.

How can I get the start and pause controls to appear.

Can Xara please do this in the future?

Can I get some code as a snippet to do this??

I might be able to get my program to imbed the controls...but will they operate in the webdesigner program properly?

Thanks for any help

Default Re: How To Imbed Controls on a Flash Video Movie Placeholder

The flv video files are played by swf player. There are several players available. The player is a flash file, and all controls are implemented within the player. It all depends on which player you use. We can't control it.
    And we do not provide flv player since there are many free players available.
    You can chose the one you like the most.
    John.

Hi Suzzie.

This has been discussed before.

Please see this post

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...70&postcount=4

Also, a free FLV player which you can use on your website can be found here

Here's an online example of an embedded Any-FLV player

Code embedded in a placeholder (generated by Any-flv - you just copy and paste)
    <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="640" height="514" align="middle">
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
    <param name="movie" value="player.swf" />
    <param name="FlashVars" value="flvURL=pk.flv&ControlPanelColor=0xffffff&bu ttonColor=0x000000&ControlPanelPosition=0&showCont rolPanel=1&ShowtimeColor=0xffffff&bAutoPlay=1&bAut oRepeat=0&BufferTime=8&tmeColor=0xffffff&loaColor= 0x666666&GroundColor=0x000000&conNum=3" />
    <param name="quality" value="high" />
    <param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" />
    <param name="scale" value="noscale" />
    <param name="salign" value="lt" />
    <embed src="player.swf" width="640" height="514" align="middle" quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" scale="noscale" salign="lt" FlashVars="flvURL=pk.flv&ControlPanelColor=0xfffff f&buttonColor=0x000000&ControlPanelPosition=0&show ControlPanel=1&ShowtimeColor=0xffffff&bAutoPlay=1& bAutoRepeat=0&BufferTime=8&tmeColor=0xffffff&loaCo lor=0x666666&GroundColor=0x000000&conNum=3" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
    </object>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	any-flv.png 
Views:	1138 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	57888  

Thank you both so much...im brand new to this so I appreciate the guidance.

Are there some more sites that others have for the players?

I have flash CS4 but dont dont know how to use it at all right yet...I would, for the time being, need to have something easy to use...to put into xaras placeholder... and have my videos and controller both show up.

Is there something new I can use...is there some kind of object and embed thing I need to do to make sure it plays well with both IE and Firefox and Safari?

Thanks for your help with this.

Im loving the new Xrar Web designer...absolutely amazing program,!!

The player above works in all browsers:

IE/FF/Opera/Chrome/Safari

Web Designer's only role in this is to provide you with the placeholder space to insert the code that Any-FLV provides.

The rest is provided by Any-FLV player.
    Download it and check it out, also check out the FAQ's at the foot of thier page.

All you need to do is to create your .flv video then open it in Any-FLV and press 'publish' (do not confuse this with Web Designers publish button

Thumbs up Re: How To Imbed Controls on a Flash Video Movie Placeholder

Yes Suzzie this is a logical next step for the folks at Xara. They have done a spectacular job in getting WD to its current stage. Nunzio has a great explanation of how to do what you want but it does involve getting dirty & up close with code (against the grain for me which is why I like WD), still, it is a huge first step. Please Xara give us drag & drop for this too in a subsequent version.

Nunzio can be found at: http://nunzioweb.com/misc/movies/ifr...ed_example.htm
    (Got a lead to this reference from somewhere else on this forum)
    td

PS: My biggest wish is to display photos & videos from a listbox/navbar in WD (WITHOUT code).

Quote Originally Posted by suzzie1234 View Post
    Love the new Web Designer.

I have several flash swf and FLV video clips I want to imbed in my pages.

I have fount how to use a simple placeholder and to add the flash...but there are no controls on the video.

How can I get the start and pause controls to appear.

Can Xara please do this in the future?

Can I get some code as a snippet to do this??

I might be able to get my program to imbed the controls...but will they operate in the webdesigner program properly?

Thanks for any help

Here I have a nice one. I love using the Media Player by Jeroen Wijering as it goes smoothly across at least FF, IE and Chrome.

Now here's the riddle as I'm not too good with java script:

The player works 100% fine in XWD BUT as soon as I add a flash file in my page XWD adds:

<!--[if IE]><script type="text/javascript">var xr_swfs=document.getElementsByTagName("object");fo r(var i=0;i<xr_swfs.length;i++){xr_swfs[i].outerHTML=xr_swfs[i].outerHTML;}</script><![endif]--> before the </body> tag.

So the video appears for a second before the IE reader hits the end of the page after which the video screen becomes black and useless.

So you can verify the source code I took care of setting up:
    http://www.freeto.info/newfreeto/testFLV-works.htm
    (works perfectly in IE without a XWD flash object) and
    http://www.freeto.info/newfreeto/testFLV.htm
    (doesn't work in IE with a tiny XWD flash object to the left of the picture)

Does anyone have an idea if there would be a solution? The Media Player by Jeroen Wijering gives an excellent XHTML return with a very compact code and it only needs one js for a whole website.

If this script conflicts with your content, then you can avoid embedding flash files the usual way.

There are 2 alternative options to embed swf.

1. Use SWFObject embedding method. To do so, create your placeholder and give it a name as follows:

swfobject="movie.swf"

where movie.swf is your flash file.

2. You can also use custom embedding code directly in the placeholder code field (just as you do with code provided by video players).
    John.

I've used the Placeholder method and the "replace with flash" option. But is there a way to, by default, not have it loop?