Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Foiling the feline

I have a feeling the cat likes to get on cars because it likes it's reflection or maybe even a warm surface? It's gotta be something weird, cuz let's face it.... cats are weirdos.
    So, you can either sand the car down to primer or... try my catnip solution. All you need to do, is place a very tiny portion of catnip somewhere in a usual manner. The cat will rather go there than mess round with your car.... I am almost positive this will work
    You could take a cardboard bottom of a case of cans, place a small piece of rug in it, sprinkle the kitty-dope (catnip) on it and that will be his favorite place to go Much cheaper than the 100 you just spent on the sucker-box... (ooops, sorry, I meant sound device)

Lay strips of fly paper on the car. Then you can catch him in the act...

You might be able to take him for a drive....

would make a great hood ornament...

Make a great siren too when you get the car up over 100MPH...

If he manages to pull the paper off the car you can still enjoy him trying to walk around with the paper on his feet...
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Re the ultrasonic cat deterrents. Similar devices are used here to deter groups of teenagers gathering in certain locations. The sound emited can only be heard by youths under 20 yoa approx. There's a lot of fuss re their human rights etc but that's another story. Maybe your cat from hell is to old to hear this frequency.

I'd hesitate to even mention boiled starfish
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Maybe your cat from hell is to old to hear this frequency.
    :
    My own cat is ten years old, so that may account for his lack of response and subsequent indifference.

The Cat from hell is 2½ years old - so probably the feline equivalent of an under 20.

I've not heard him around here since leaving the CATstop in place (he has a collar with a distinctive bell, so I often hear him about)
    This morning there were no fresh paw prints on the bonnet (hood for the chaps over the pond), though it's too early to be hopefull, after all - cats can read minds you know..

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Cats aren't much of a problem around here. most people keep their pets indoors at night, other wise they are likely to become coyote chow. During the day I have a Shih Tzu who firmly believes that puddy tats don't belong in his yard.

What we do have a problem with is bears. And people who leave their garbage out at night in plastic bags or flimsy containers, providing the bears with easy meals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

You could adopt a Bonxie family - or this one - and place the nest near the car You would then also have Bonxie eggs for breakfast - if brave enough
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Update:

It's been some time now since installing the CATStop device.
    I can happily say that it appears to work
    And I feel happy that it's much better than the FORD Ka method of stopping pesky cats jumping on the car:

WARNING - Though special effects were used to create the movie, it is not recommended viewing for sensitive types or children. Please view at your own discretion.

Glad your problem is sorted Steve

Thanks for warning - made mistake of watching this directly after tho

WARNING: also not for the faint hearted ... and off topic
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

LOL - yes John, OT - and a shocker (luckily I have nerves of steel )

Steve, you have my sympathies. Cat owners who let their cats run amuck are a pet peeve of mine (as stated and and reasoned in another thread already). I think they are irresponsible and this is just another example of why cats should not be left outside.

Do what my father-in-law did (if your CatStop doesn't do the trick)....buy a live trap. Catch the cat and take it to the animal control center. When the neighbor has to keep paying to get his cat back, he'll get the message.

I know it's costly because my ex had an Irish Setter that would run off all the time. Three times we went down there to get her back. The fourth time she ran off she was gone for 3 months. When I saw a group of children walking her on a leash, who lived 1/2 mile down the road, They had a house with a fenced in yard and she looked so happy. I let them keep her and never mentioned it to Frank.

Edit: Oops, I see that the CatStop worked....good for you. No more dirty paws and scratches on your car.
    Things you should never say when pulled over by the police:
    Could you hold my beer while I dig out my license?