Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Default Is Xara Ltd Reading These Boards?

After all the recent chat on these message boards about vector tool improvements for the next version I wonder if Xara are actually listening to what people want and I wonder what we will see in X5 - which direction they're planning to take it. And the million squid question, will we see new vector tools?

Default Re: Is Xara Ltd Reading These Boards?

Quote Originally Posted by JokeArtist View Post
    And the million squid question, will we see new vector tools?
    There might need to be some magix amongst those cephalopods to make new vector tools

tentacles with a long[term] reach even
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by JokeArtist View Post
    ...and I wonder what we will see in X5 - which direction they're planning to take it.
    Perhaps they listen, maybe not. And if they listen, it's another question if they are willing/able to answer our wishes. In addition, it belongs to Xara's company policy, not to say a word about planned features.

Remi

I always thought that Xara listened to their customers well.
    We asked for PDF we got it.
    We asked multipage we got
    We asked for a better text engine we got it
    We asked for better CMYK we got it
    We asked for spot colours again we got
    We asked for more accurate cutting we got it
    Many have asked for spell checker we didn't get it

Ok many of these things you may say that they are just fixes because of problems but it still means that they listen. They must be looking now to gather info on bugs and small fixes since the new release.
    Remi was the first member to say when XPro was released what is really Pro about this release and I chirped in about the amount of money we had paid for the re-introduction of Pantone back. Back then we were told through the forum that because Xara was such a small co. that the main features would be in this new version 4 and this upgrade was to help fund it. Now there is a few features that I like about the new version but it is not a half ars-d 3D tool which is the main new feature on our tool bar. Having said that after XPro's release many members said why not have integration between X 3D and Xara so again they maybe still listening.
    Design is thinking made visual.

yes I agree - and I am sure xara listen their customers - how representative these boards are in that respect though is moot.
    But members here can point things out and that is all grist to the mill.
    Nothing lasts forever...

"The loudest drums will deafen the ear."

PS: Steve - Careful with your English, Australians are reading

well my aunt fanny ! you live and learn - thanks for that I'll stick a note up on the board with the... er sellotape
    Nothing lasts forever...

[QUOTE=sledger;261567]"The loudest drums will deafen the ear."

Or 'A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss'

If you remember the story of the two men riding on the donkey, who bowed to public pressure and eventually it was not so good for the donkey.

Of course Xara listens.

But does this mean that every person who has a wish will have that wish granted? Is Xara supposed to be like a short order cook? Fried eggs sunny side up with a side of hash brown potatoes and a side of turkey sausage, hold the grilled onions, and coffee with half and half... Your order will be right out!

No!

If you demand that kind of service then you need to hire a programmer and write your own custom program.

If enough people show interest in a feature or a tool, and if implementing that feature or tool fits into the code, then it might happen. But if one person says, I'm not going to upgrade unless Xara adds left handed mouse support with scroll wheel live RSS feeds and right button pop up stock quotes. You get the idea.

What kinds of vector tools are you missing here? You have been very vague in this area only asking for more vector tools. Be specific.