Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi Xara,

There have been many posts hereabouts about fatal errors causing XaraX to abort instanly. It also happens from time to time in Xara2 and much may be attributable to people's hardware/software combinations and not Xara.

Since XaraX now has a potentially unlimited number of 'undos', why can we not have a timed AutoSave function so that if the program does go belly-up for some inexplicable reason, we at least have the chance to save some of our work?

I have now got into the habit of hitting Ctrl-S every time I make a change to a drawing, but surely this is a 'workaround' and should be replaced with a user-customiseable option?

Look forward to your comment
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Hi Xara,

There have been many posts hereabouts about fatal errors causing XaraX to abort instanly. It also happens from time to time in Xara2 and much may be attributable to people's hardware/software combinations and not Xara.

Since XaraX now has a potentially unlimited number of 'undos', why can we not have a timed AutoSave function so that if the program does go belly-up for some inexplicable reason, we at least have the chance to save some of our work?

I have now got into the habit of hitting Ctrl-S every time I make a change to a drawing, but surely this is a 'workaround' and should be replaced with a user-customiseable option?

Look forward to your comment
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.