Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: right aligned web-page

Polyxo, I understand the proposition.

Sites aligned to an edge can let large background elements be seen. There have been some sites designed that way that I thought were quite stunning, but invariably they need to go for less clutter in their active elements so that the full page images/design can be showcased. Yes it can look good.

Whether a site is aligned for such purposes to the left or right, doesn't matter - it doesn't really increase the available design space for Xara, it just allows the designer to incorporate and feature background images as part of the design.

As for right-alignment? It has no intrinsic advantage, design-wise to left-alignment, and definite disadvantages that would need to be overcome by rather a good designer.

Anyway, if you find a way to do it with Xara, we will be looking forward to seeing the result!

Guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Anyway, if you find a way to do it with Xara...
    Well - and that exactly was all I wanted to discuss

I could have imagined all the doubts and convention - matters beforehand and wanted to avoid wasting time with that.
    This is not intended impolite, it's just being focused. I don't want to convince anyone in this matter but I also don't want to get convinced either.

Polyxo, you make me smile.

You didn't like my mention of the left to right convention in the west and finish by mentioning the right to left conventions favoured in the east!

I'm not going to try and convince you, but don't think the posts are wasted time. You may have asked the question, but many others are interested in the answer. They may be interested in the answer you didn't want.

I hope you find a solution - because I want to see the result.

Guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I'm not going to try and convince you, but don't think the posts are wasted time. You may have asked the question, but many others are interested in the answer. They may be interested in the answer you didn't want.

Thing is that I did a Web-Search before even asking here.
    Of course one could read all these arguments elsewhere too.

I just looked for correction of a piece of code, so I feel that the reasoning is wasted time.
    For me at least.

I hope you find a solution - because I want to see the result.
    If right aligned is very complex to do you probably won't see me doing this.