Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Dead Tree...

Hybrid View

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Default Re: Dead Tree...

eco-recovery? media? Please elaborate on what you are refering to.

Regards, Ross
    IP

I would say, he is thinking about the current discussion about the "Global-Warming Deniers" in the USA (see also "‘Greenwashing’ Oil" and "Global-Warming Deniers: A Well-Funded Machine / The Truth About Denial").

Remi
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Macintosh View Post
    eco-recovery? media? Please elaborate on what you are refering to.

Regards, Ross
    Perhaps geminiguy is referring to the long P.E.I. tradition of clubbing mermaids every spring?

Tree looks great - lots of character there.

Risto
    IP

My bad.... thought you were in Prince Edward Sound...... I mis-read....... Now.... about those mermaids.
    IP

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Several weeks ago we had a pesticide spill that resulted in a fish kill in a local river. It made national news but it really wasn't anything more than what routinely happens in any other area with intensive agriculture. Part of the reason this one made the news was the farmer they charged was the brother of our Minister of Environment. It seemed to many that the Minister's department was picking on the farmer because they didn't like his brother. I thought maybe the clean-up was the "eco-recovery" that geminiguy was asking about.

We do in fact hunt Mermaids here. We don't club them any more because the real money is in capturing live specimens. They end up getting sold to collectors who keep them in big aquariums. Because they are almost extinct the government has made it illegal to hunt them. That doesn't stop the poachers. We regularly see them (the poachers) trying to lure the mermaids into traps by singing soft lullabies just after sunset.

Regards, Ross
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Macintosh View Post
    That doesn't stop the poachers. We regularly see them (the poachers) trying to lure the mermaids into traps by singing soft lullabies just after sunset.
    An other effective method is to rub yourself all over with a smoked maqurel and swim around like a wounded seal, or if you are a heavy-set: like a walrus. The mermaids won't be able to resit you, and they soon come to feed on you... Singing lullabies is safer though! It is estimated that as many as 30-40 Norwegian mermaid poachers go missing in P.E.I. waters every year.

Risto
    IP

I have a mermaid recipe which goes really nice with a good white wine.
    IP

For some reason, mermaids never really did anything for me.

reason...

Deleted...
    Last edited by raynerj1; 11 September 2007 at 05:23 AM. Reason: cause it was just too durn good to post in public.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook
    IP