Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Thank you and good bye! I'm no longer Xara's target audience.

Bobby I think it is more a last hope that someone from Xara will post and say they are working on a Mac version of Xtreme. Which would not happen even if it were true.

Xara is well known for not leaking any information about any future versions.

Programs are tools and as people's needs change so do their need for a specific tool. Good luck Eobet.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Default Re: Thank you and good bye! I'm no longer Xara's target audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    I think it is more a last hope that someone from Xara will post and say they are working on a Mac version of Xtreme. Which would not happen even if it were true.

Xara is well known for not leaking any information about any future versions.
    Some sort of update on their current Mac state would be nice.

Linux and Mac version (October 11, 2005)

Secondly, Xara plans to create Linux and Mac versions of the graphics application. Charles said, "Mac and Linux users have been asking, in fact begging, for many years that we create versions for their platforms. Our plans are to change the graphics software landscape forever, and that means we have to be cross-platform.

It's ironic that Mac still dominates the creative industries, and yet there are few really good, general purpose, low cost graphics applications now available. You can pay $500 ($900 in the UK) for the latest Adobe Illustrator, but when you can get a new Mac for that price, that's outrageous and unjustified.

With the likely elimination of Macromedia products, Mac users will have even less choice. So by making a Mac version and Open Sourcing it we hope to bring the world's fastest and most versatile graphics software to the Mac platform, at last"
    •Bob
    IP